1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play DTS or DD audio files live from PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by w8andc, Apr 13, 2003.

1. w8andc

w8andc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have downloaded some audio files in DTS and Dolby Digital and I want to play it without burning it on a CDR first.

I use the following equipment:

* Terratec Aureon Space 7.1 soundcard
    (digital output + 8 analoge outputs)
    * Denon 3803 A/V receiver
    * AMD Anthlon 2000 XP processor (running at 1,66 GHZ)
    * MSI KT3 ULTRA 2 motherboard
    * 512 MB

I use the digital Toslink output from my soundcard and a digtital Toslink input of my receiver.

When I play such a file by using Windows Media Player (version 9) I can hear just fractions of the file but no fluid sound. There are gaps between. The receiver recognizes the file as DD or DTS but it seems there is no constant stream of bits to decode. The DD or DTS light on my receiver flashes.
    Maybe I have to check some options or some other manipulations with my soundcard, software player or my receiver.

I"ve tried the same with WINAMP 3, but the result is the same.

I have also tried by using WINDVD Platinum. In the options I explicit checked for output by s/pdif but in this case I can only hear noise.

I'll tweaked my PC and it has never run so quick as today.

Is it a buffering problem? Is it a processor usage problem?
    When playing a DTS or DD file I have checked in the taskmanager the processor usage. Both Windows Media Player and Winamp 3 use up to maximum 7 %.

Maybe someone have cheched this out and can help me with this.

I"ll apperciate to here some answers here.

Thanks already

KRIS
    Belgium