play.com's service with this box-set

booth1976

Established Member
Reaction score
Play.com are getting worse...

I pre-ordered the SW trilogy box set on 08/05/2004, and my order is still PROCESSING! This really makes my blood boil, especially when I've spent £100's of pounds at this company.

To add insult to injury, when I preordered it was £26.99, now it's gone up a quid. AND I now find that other people who have ordered with different companies have their order despatched or it's been in the post since last week.

Why did they not put it in the post on Friday??? Or at least process the order?

I'm very angry and have sent them an email to complain. I've told them that I will NEVER pre-order anything with them ever again.

How as anyone else found play.com with this particular box-set?

I'm expecting the usual squashed or damaged box, as they never pack the correctly too.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It would appear that Play has dispatched but that a "computer system problem" has prevented them from updating the website. Conspiracy theorists take this to mean they are trying to hide the fact from Fox hehe. People have recieved their orders from Play today despite what it says on the website. Chill. :)

Strictly speaking though Play never promised to deliver it on a certain date...

my last dvd that came from play last wek was packed in a carded box dont know if this a new thing from them i got band of brothers (tin) from them which looked like it had been in the war got a refund and kept the dvds as i never posted it back to em

Thanks for that Andy, but I've been up since 9 due to work commitments (today was supposed to be my lie in as well :( ) and it still hasn't arrived. They usually arrive well before 11am, but the weather is particularly bad today so postie might be held-up.

I'll keep you posted, and hopefully I can retract my earlier comments and enjoy some Starwars goodness.

By the way, my mates son works in Argos, and he got his copy last Monday!!!! :eek:

Mine still said "Processing" with Play.com up until Saturday, and I gave up checking :mad: But then Lo and Behold, this morning it duly arrived :clap: :clap: :clap: , so I suppose I'm a a very happy camper. Been saying "can't wait until September 20th" for most of the year, so no complaints about Play from me.

Sorry to hear that you've had a problem though - very frustrating - hope it comes soon.

It arrived 10 minutes ago :clap: - looks like play.com either have a problem with at their end or it's that conspiracy theory.

So I take it back - BUT, the box is a bit battered - but I'm that happy to have it that I won't be asking for a refund.

booth1976 said:
Play.com are getting worse...

I pre-ordered the SW trilogy box set on 08/05/2004, and my order is still PROCESSING! This really makes my blood boil, especially when I've spent £100's of pounds at this company.

To add insult to injury, when I preordered it was £26.99, now it's gone up a quid. AND I now find that other people who have ordered with different companies have their order despatched or it's been in the post since last week.

Why did they not put it in the post on Friday??? Or at least process the order?

I'm very angry and have sent them an email to complain. I've told them that I will NEVER pre-order anything with them ever again.

How as anyone else found play.com with this particular box-set?

I'm expecting the usual squashed or damaged box, as they never pack the correctly too.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So you posted before waiting for the post to see if it did get there?? :blush:

Well, my order said (and still says) processing! That means it hasn't left the warehouse, at least that's what it usually means :rolleyes:

Is it not right to expect the worse possible scenario when their official site says that it hasn't been sent - I aint psychic ;)

Thread title changed... I hardly think you've received "terrible service"!

Sigismund

Erm, yeah I changed it...

When/as soon as I discovered that it had been despatched - contrary to play.com

I think only mods can edit the title... so I changed it ;)

I don't want to argue Sigismund, but if you check out the bottom of the post it gives a reason for why I changed it ;)

Last edited by booth1976 : Today at 11:25 AM. Reason: the original title didn't reflect the resolution of the problem

Mine arrived this morning as well. TBH, I think Play have played a blinder (no pun intended...)
They leave everybody's order on processing so that the distributor can't see they've sent them out early, and everybody gets them on day of release...

booth1976 said:
I don't want to argue Sigismund, but if you check out the bottom of the post it gives a reason for why I changed it ;)

You may have changed it but as soon as you click apply edit, all the changes take place except those in the title. It does appear as though you changed it, but it dosen't physically happen. Sigs is right - only mods can change the title of threads...

i dont see why they have done that. i remember two cases where i pre-ordered LXG & Xmen 2 from play.com and i got them on the friday when they were to be released the following monday and it the account it said the exact date they were posted

Edit army bloke love that Sig. homer is the greatest dad alive :smashin:

booth1976 said:

As I said before... only mods can edit the thread title - what you did didn't edit the title, it edited the heading in your post and not the thread title ;)

EDIT - Beaten to it by Army Bloke :D

I wish I'd have known that before, I've been checking the site since last Thursday as they usually despatch things a few days earlier so you get them on the release date. Every day 'processing', and when I saw 'processing' this morning I was very annoyed. My thoughts were that they could have at least despatched it first thing as I ordered early.

But apparently that's a 'computer error' so yes they have despatched early and I am very happy now it's been received :thumbsup:

Well still 'processing' for me :( it’s just a little bitter sweet as it was ordered back in April, and lets face it this is the one we have been waiting for and I just cannot wait anymore.

Dave.

BauerCTU said:
Edit army bloke love that Sig. homer is the greatest dad alive
Sorry mate - jut changed it in anticipation of my new user name - coming soon!!

B*llocks to a public apology, I've had more than my fair share of problems with play.com over the past 6 months, which I've complained about WITHOUT reply (apart from once which took them ages to resolve), as well as boxes being completely trashed. Service used to be very fast, now it's quite slow compared with other e-stores.

I hasten to add that my order history is an apology in itself, totally thousands spent over the past 4 years (my DVD collection is quite a sight to behold). Play.com used to be the best, don't get me wrong, but I am actively looking for a new e-retailer.

And the root of my anger was a result of a problem at their end to start with.

BauerCTU - yeah I know, but I thought I'd clear it up as some people may think that I just didn't wait for the postie - their site clearly shows that the order has NOT been sent, that's the reason for me being angry earlier. As our postman was a lot later than usual today (usually delivers about 9am prompt) I really did think that they were being slack and hadn't despatched this morning - which would have been a joke as I did preorder at the start of March.

I see that someone else has the same problem who preordered in April. It probably has been despatched :smashin:

Anyway enough of this, I'm off to have a look at the discs :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom