play.com's service with this box-set

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by booth1976, Sep 20, 2004.

1. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Play.com are getting worse...

I pre-ordered the SW trilogy box set on 08/05/2004, and my order is still PROCESSING! This really makes my blood boil, especially when I've spent £100's of pounds at this company.

To add insult to injury, when I preordered it was £26.99, now it's gone up a quid. AND I now find that other people who have ordered with different companies have their order despatched or it's been in the post since last week.

Why did they not put it in the post on Friday??? Or at least process the order?

I'm very angry and have sent them an email to complain. I've told them that I will NEVER pre-order anything with them ever again.

How as anyone else found play.com with this particular box-set?

I'm expecting the usual squashed or damaged box, as they never pack the correctly too.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    It would appear that Play has dispatched but that a "computer system problem" has prevented them from updating the website. Conspiracy theorists take this to mean they are trying to hide the fact from Fox hehe. People have recieved their orders from Play today despite what it says on the website. Chill. :)

Strictly speaking though Play never promised to deliver it on a certain date...

3. cruncher75

cruncher75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    my last dvd that came from play last wek was packed in a carded box dont know if this a new thing from them i got band of brothers (tin) from them which looked like it had been in the war got a refund and kept the dvds as i never posted it back to em

4. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for that Andy, but I've been up since 9 due to work commitments (today was supposed to be my lie in as well :( ) and it still hasn't arrived. They usually arrive well before 11am, but the weather is particularly bad today so postie might be held-up.

I'll keep you posted, and hopefully I can retract my earlier comments and enjoy some Starwars goodness.

By the way, my mates son works in Argos, and he got his copy last Monday!!!! :eek:

5. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Mine still said "Processing" with Play.com up until Saturday, and I gave up checking :mad: But then Lo and Behold, this morning it duly arrived :clap: :clap: :clap: , so I suppose I'm a a very happy camper. Been saying "can't wait until September 20th" for most of the year, so no complaints about Play from me.

Sorry to hear that you've had a problem though - very frustrating - hope it comes soon.

6. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It arrived 10 minutes ago :clap: - looks like play.com either have a problem with at their end or it's that conspiracy theory.

So I take it back - BUT, the box is a bit battered - but I'm that happy to have it that I won't be asking for a refund.

7. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    So you posted before waiting for the post to see if it did get there?? :blush:

8. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, my order said (and still says) processing! That means it hasn't left the warehouse, at least that's what it usually means :rolleyes:

Is it not right to expect the worse possible scenario when their official site says that it hasn't been sent - I aint psychic ;)

9. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Thread title changed... I hardly think you've received "terrible service"!

Sigismund

10. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Erm, yeah I changed it...

When/as soon as I discovered that it had been despatched - contrary to play.com

11. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I think only mods can edit the title... so I changed it ;)

12. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    just relax and remember a few more days wont be the end of the world. just forsee the pleasure when you recieve it :) and stay away from the forums if you dont wanna be mad about it :)

13. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't want to argue Sigismund, but if you check out the bottom of the post it gives a reason for why I changed it ;)

14. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine arrived this morning as well. TBH, I think Play have played a blinder (no pun intended...)
    They leave everybody's order on processing so that the distributor can't see they've sent them out early, and everybody gets them on day of release...

15. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have changed it but as soon as you click apply edit, all the changes take place except those in the title. It does appear as though you changed it, but it dosen't physically happen. Sigs is right - only mods can change the title of threads...

16. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i dont see why they have done that. i remember two cases where i pre-ordered LXG & Xmen 2 from play.com and i got them on the friday when they were to be released the following monday and it the account it said the exact date they were posted

Edit army bloke love that Sig. homer is the greatest dad alive :smashin:

17. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    As I said before... only mods can edit the thread title - what you did didn't edit the title, it edited the heading in your post and not the thread title ;)

EDIT - Beaten to it by Army Bloke :D

18. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I wish I'd have known that before, I've been checking the site since last Thursday as they usually despatch things a few days earlier so you get them on the release date. Every day 'processing', and when I saw 'processing' this morning I was very annoyed. My thoughts were that they could have at least despatched it first thing as I ordered early.

But apparently that's a 'computer error' so yes they have despatched early and I am very happy now it's been received :thumbsup:

19. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    see all that worrying and moaning at play and you have it. i think a public apology is in order J/K

20. DannyLizard

DannyLizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well still 'processing' for me :( it’s just a little bitter sweet as it was ordered back in April, and lets face it this is the one we have been waiting for and I just cannot wait anymore.

Dave.

21. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    read all above. you may have had it dispatched. comp error at play apprently

22. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mate - jut changed it in anticipation of my new user name - coming soon!!

23. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    B*llocks to a public apology, I've had more than my fair share of problems with play.com over the past 6 months, which I've complained about WITHOUT reply (apart from once which took them ages to resolve), as well as boxes being completely trashed. Service used to be very fast, now it's quite slow compared with other e-stores.

I hasten to add that my order history is an apology in itself, totally thousands spent over the past 4 years (my DVD collection is quite a sight to behold). Play.com used to be the best, don't get me wrong, but I am actively looking for a new e-retailer.

And the root of my anger was a result of a problem at their end to start with.

24. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    to booth : i did J/K at the end as in joking. i didnt expect one.

army bloke it dont matter hehe just gave me a chuckle thats all. i usually laugh at liams sig's in particualar when he uses abe simpson

25. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    BauerCTU - yeah I know, but I thought I'd clear it up as some people may think that I just didn't wait for the postie - their site clearly shows that the order has NOT been sent, that's the reason for me being angry earlier. As our postman was a lot later than usual today (usually delivers about 9am prompt) I really did think that they were being slack and hadn't despatched this morning - which would have been a joke as I did preorder at the start of March.

I see that someone else has the same problem who preordered in April. It probably has been despatched :smashin:

Anyway enough of this, I'm off to have a look at the discs :D

26. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    booth1976 - I was going to close this thread, but I think it may prove useful to others waiting for their Star Wars box sets from Play... :)

27. booth1976

booth1976
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I just sent you a PM saying that Sig :D

If I'd have seen this thread beforehand, I wouldn't be half as stressed as I was earlier.

Only Starwars, Women and Consumer Electronics can get me this angry :D

28. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've had stuff from several suppliers which has arrived while still processing. All of the threads about Play this weekend on this and other forums indicated that they had a "computer problem," and that it may not show the true status of your order.

I think your thread title was ill judged given that you didn't wait for the postie.

29. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    hmm, dvd hasn't arrived as postman hasn't been yet. Is the whole status problem just for this one title as my Shawshank dvd is stated as having been posted yesterday. Seems odd if it's just the satus of the Star Wars set that's a problem!? :confused:

As for Play, I've ordered almost 100 dvd's/games etc.. from them in the last 2 years and have never had cause for complaint. My brother/mum has ordered dozens of times also.God knows how much money I've saved over the highstreet with the convenience of shopping from home. Plus on almost every other occasion I've pre-ordered from Play I've got the item on a Sat. That's never happened for me on the high street. I remember working for Waitrose and they were very strict on not selling dvd's early. I personally think Play have been unfairly attacked over the issue of the Star Wars box set. Especially as it seems they had shipped on time, people are getting them today, and the fault was with the computer system.

[edit] ....or not as the case may be, (see post below).

30. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Not really. Could be to throw Fox off the scent. If they have arrived today I would fully imagine they were posted from Jersey before yesterday.