play.com selling ps3 for 229 pounds

M

mwf28

hi, :hiya: this is my first post ,hope it is a good un!, play are selling playstation 3 40gb consoles for 229 pounds!, great price, i just brought one, :clap:

Get an extra 5% off with code "experience08" bringing it down to £218.49

Does anyone think this is the first sign of a Sony price cut (perhaps after their comments yesterday that they intended to reclaim their place as #1 Games Console manufacturer) or is this just a one-off from Play.com?

One off mis-price by play.com as they're PS3 bundles are still full price

Does anyone think this is the first sign of a Sony price cut (perhaps after their comments yesterday that they intended to reclaim their place as #1 Games Console manufacturer) or is this just a one-off from Play.com?

Perhaps they are selling off stock so they can discontinue the PS3 and bring out a black Wii clone! :devil:

hi,been back to play.com website and i think this is refurbished unit :oops: sorry for my excitment! ,if its too good be to true it probadly is not, feel really stupid :mad:, anyway still good price for refurbed unit,next time i post i get my facts right!:suicide: sorry guys

It was for a new console. It was just advertised underneath for an ex-display one for the same price via a trade seller

and play will not be honouring the deal either

I also bought one at £229 but the price has now increased to £289. The price on my order has also changed to £289. I'm hoping Play.com honour the price otherwise it's no PS3 for me.

I also bought one at £229 but the price has now increased to £289. The price on my order has also changed to £289. I'm hoping Play.com honour the price otherwise it's no PS3 for me.

£229 is a fantastic price :D i hope you get it,at the price you want. :smashin:

Paid $438 ($399 plus tax) for mine AND customs at Heathrow let me off the duty
£229 is only what our US freinds are paying
However I did pay launch price for my 60GB PS3!

Great news for anyone who was lucky enough to be around for the hour or so to catch the play.com missprice, mine was posted on Friday the 9th, well and truly chuffed as i got it for £218.49, not bad for a top bluray player plus all the fun off gaming.
Good on play and thanks to Kingfats and all who gave me advice.

Great news for anyone who was lucky enough to be around for the hour or so to catch the play.com missprice, mine was posted on Friday the 9th, well and truly chuffed as i got it for £218.49, not bad for a top bluray player plus all the fun off gaming.
Good on play and thanks to Kingfats and all who gave me advice.

Hi Ricky27. :)
You actually got it for that price :eek::D nice one! :thumbsup:
All the best.

I was also temped to get one at that price. Was hovering over the buy button be couldn't think of a reason to get a PS3.

I got one at £218.49 too! My order is now "posted"! :thumbsup:

well i started this thread,looks like i and at least five other members of this forum (look at ps 3 deals thread) bagged a brand new ps 3 for 218.48 pounds after quidco cashback from play.com mis-price:clap:not refurbished units but brand spanking new,will not believe it till i have it sitting in my av- rack:D mine was posted yesterday might arrive tomorrow!:rolleyes: well done play.com!:D best deal this year apart from hd dvd firesales and my toshiba hd ep30.

parcelforce just delivered my playstation,a brand new unit! :clap:do not know why people complain about the ps 3 looks,personally i think it looks fab:smashin:on. my av-rack,no time to play with it this afternoon have to wait till tomorrow.well done play.com for honoring mis-price:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom