play.com problem

Latman

Established Member
Reaction score
Last friday I have ordered 2 films from play (rush hour 2 and training day). However only rush hour 2 has arrived today and when I checked the play site status shows that TD was sent on the same day, but it has a tracking number under it. When I click on this number, a new window pops up and it says 'Sorry, we are unable to report the progress of your item'.
Whats the point of having it if it cannot be tracked!
Any ideas whats happening?
Besides that Play doesn't look like the quickest online ordering company. When I ordered from Amazon before, movies used to turn up the next day.
I know play.com is cheaper, but if they are this slow, i would really like to try someone else.

Latman

Dont worry, I regularly had to wait 10 - 14 days for stuff from Play, mainly due to the Postal service.

Items posted the same day would arrive 10 days apart.

Same here, its the post thats the problem. Some stuff takes 5-7 days, others 2-3 weeks.

still waiting for the italian job which for some reason was sent recorded delivery on friday, stuff from play can be a bit slow arriving but i think its the post office rather than play

Can someone perhaps suggest another place where I can order online and get it within 2-3 days. Only think I liked about play was the prices, so it'll be good if any others offer similar rates.

I would recommend cd-wow.com

If they have the disk you want it's usually slightly cheaper than play and delivery has always been about 2 days for me

If it's just Region 2's you're after, try www.splashdvd.com and www.dvd.co.uk - I just got off the phone with the customer services team at dvd.co.uk in particular and they were incredibly helpful and gave me everything that I wanted without any arguments :D

The delays in delivery with Play are due to customs because even if you have ordered Region 2's, they are still shipped from Jersey.

I ordered Rush Hour 1 and Rush Hour 2 from Play.com and both were shipped on the same day but Rush Hour 2 arrived first (how annoying is that? :rolleyes:) with Rush Hour following 1 working day later.

CD-WOW are great, but they don't sell many Region 2's.

I ordered a load of the budget titles on sale three weeks ago from Play.com.

Ordered on a Thursday. 4 turned up on the Tuesday and the other 6 on the following Monday. Most probably because of customs!

I've had no problems with play before until now - only a slight thing!

I ordered two R2 Recorded delivery dvds and the first one turned up 2 days later. :D

The other hasn't turned up at all :mad: - so i called them and you have to wait 14 days for them to be able to send out another one to you - something to do with the postal service.

But they have sent another one out to me now. So i wouldn't blame play, its probably the crappy postal service.

I reckon my dvd is down the back of a chair in a van somewhere!
Oh well!:rolleyes:

I thought it would cost them more to send them individually then one by one.

Didn't the Post Office own up to 'loosing' half a million items of mail per week. Where does it all go :rolleyes:

I knew a bloke (read complete tw*t) who became a postman and because he didn't like the job dumped 75 per cent of the mail he was supposed to deliver. He got found out and got some serious community service.

Originally posted by GearHead
Didn't the Post Office own up to 'loosing' half a million items of mail per week. Where does it all go :rolleyes:

Postmen take it home, sort through it for the good stuff and burn the rest. I believe its part of the training.

Well i dont have any problem with play myself,ordered around 60 discs and 90 %have been with me within 2 days and the rest within 3 or 4.

most of Play's stuff now ships via Belgium using a service called re-mail, it works out at less than half the price of regular post as it's based on total weight and probably saves Play a fortune. This is the main reason I dont use them anymore..if I wanted to wait for movies I'd just buy Reg 2..;)

Originally posted by museumsteve
most of Play's stuff now ships via Belgium
Not the Region 2 stuff. That ships from Jersey. Only the R1's ship from Belgium.

fair enough, I've only ever used them for Reg 1..(I did say most - tries to cover his arse..:D )

Originally posted by museumsteve
fair enough, I've only ever used them for Reg 1..(I did say most - tries to cover his arse..:D )
I'm the opposite you see ;) - I mostly use them for Reg 2 (and for CDs) :)

I would mate cos I know they're cheap but I only buy Reg 2 stuff on spur of the moment so I tend to buy on the spot if I see something I want..

just got the italian job, took seven days, that's the longest I've had to wait for a disc from play so can't really complain.

I'am not really bothered about how long play takes to deliver.

Originally posted by ice_cool
I've had no problems with play before until now - only a slight thing!

I ordered two R2 Recorded delivery dvds and the first one turned up 2 days later. :D

The other hasn't turned up at all :mad: - so i called them and you have to wait 14 days for them to be able to send out another one to you - something to do with the postal service.

But they have sent another one out to me now. So i wouldn't blame play, its probably the crappy postal service.

I reckon my dvd is down the back of a chair in a van somewhere!
Oh well!:rolleyes:

Still waiting for my DVD - the 2nd attempt.
It has been over a week now, so i am looking forward to seeing them send out my dvd for the third time :rolleyes:

hi everyone,
this is my first post so here goes.
i have ordered close to 100 dvd's from play in the last year, nine times out of ten i receive them within three days, unless they are out of stock. dvd box office, great prices but delivery is so slow, usually six to seven days.
amazon i find very expensive. e bay is very good for criterion discs.
as for play, can't fault them.

Hey,
I used to use play.com until I ended up loseing,but still paying for, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for PS2. I now order stuff through movietyme.com, and though it may take a little longer I can say Ive had no problems. Here you can order DVD's from pretty much any region. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kmg
I used to use play.com until I ended up loseing,but still paying for, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for PS2.
Didn't use your credit card then....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom