play.com - Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy (Blu-ray) for 10.99

I've told my parents about these, he has bought them, and the money is out of his account already(debit card)
Surprised by that as the T&C's state,

"Credit and Debit cards are debited on the day of shipping by Play.com. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated, and no charge is made for shipping."

It purely boils down to a management decision.

The retailer will weigh up the disadvantage of losing a gross margin (or even making a one-off loss) against the advantage to be gained from creating a little goodwill, and honouring the display price.

On something that is being purchased in such a high volume as this I very much doubt the retailer will honour it.

Everyone thinks it is a legally binding contract but I believe the old "invitation to treat" law has been heavily amended.

No, they don't have to honour it if it was clearly a mis-price. I think we all know that this is a mis-price.

However, Play do sometimes honour orders for the few early customers that got in there early. I've had this happen to me before with them when everyone else have had there orders cancelled.

It's likely a management decision which determines the goodwill for those that ordered genuinely at that price and those that are benefitting from a blatant mis-price.

Luckily I got in there very early on this one but whether they honour it is no guarantee.

I think it's odd that after at least 3 hours (based on the time this thread was created) Play still have it up on their website. You would think that there would be an automated built in trigger that alerts Play when an item is racking up loads of orders. I don't obviously know the quantaties involved but I bet it's unusually high for a pre order?

Scott

I ordered just there now so fingers crossed :smashin:
Hopefully they honor it cause I could do with more blu ray's :eek:

Hi there

Ordered it and i dont even have a blu ray player:)
not very optimistic though folks.

Best regards

James

ordered a copy but only because i may get a voucher. Theres no way in the world they will honour which must be 1000's of copies by now.

:) well ordered mine very good possible deal

just on a positive note didn't something similar happen when the matrix hd dvd set came out ie very cheap to start then hiked up in price

from their thinking alot of people will already have these on bluray maybe cheap is to get new people in

ordered, but as people say those who ordered multiple copies will have flagged this up big time, so the MOST we can hope for is a voucher, either that or they could honor everyone who wanted just the one copy, please :D

EDIT : RRP £60! you could pick up all 3 for £30 with abit of effort!

EDIT : A guy on hotukdeals just put in an order for 20!

EDIT : RRP £60! you could pick up all 3 for £30 with abit of effort!

EDIT : A guy on hotukdeals just put in an order for 20!

I highly doubt the first one!! They were buy 2 get 1 free (or was it 3 for £39) on sendit.com around a few months ago but those offers dissapeared like most of the good offers at the time.

The second one is disgusting. It's obviously for profit so I hope play.com cancel that guys order! (and hopefully, not mine :rotfl:).

:rotfl: just read this, so if they do honor it check fleabay very soon, i think there might be a couple of them bashing about, thats alot of blu rays, 3 per a boxset at least!:smashin:

"In all fairness, this site is a gateway for Ebay sellers. Thousands upon thousands of members use this site solely for the purpose of buying a great deal (like this one) in bulk, and reselling through ebay or online shops. Hotukdeals.com is an important tool for online retailers, if that was your job and you had access to such a site, would you not use it to your own advantage? Of course you would!!

I have just bought (or attempted to) 100 units of such and hope to make a killing reselling them to boost the money in my bank account and my children's inheritence. All the moaning in the world is not going to stop people buying just 1 or 2 of anything listed on this site. Everybody needs to deal with it and move on.

I will continue to use this excellent site for as long as it exists and will continue to buy in bulk any great deal that comes along. I would estimate that purchases through this site amount to about £30k-£40k revenue per year for myself."

:eek:

yeah but i would rather have 40k less a year than have to spend my time selling 99 copies of the pirates trilogy!! unless that equates to job satisfaction for some :D

this time next year rodders....well be millionaires! :rotfl::rotfl:

Just ordered a copy even though i'm only missing the first one.

this time next year rodders....well be millionaires! :rotfl::rotfl:

del460.jpg

:D

Ordered one. Still showing 10.99, most misprices are changed by now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom