• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Play.com life on mars rip off

paulefox

Beware
I saw that Play.com had life on mars season 2 on offer at the weekend at £17.99, I had already placed an order for it at £25.99 therefore I went on the site and ordered it at £17.99, with the intention of cancelling the £25.99 one. I then logged into my account to see that the price was shown for both items at £17.99. I therefore cancelled the one I had just ordered.
To my suprise when I checked today the price of the ordered set has risen to £25.99.
I called Play.com who denied that this price had even adjusted and said I would have to pay £25.99, I have therefore cancelled the order.
I would be very interested to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
Well, I've pre-ordered the Trigun set, which isn't out until June 4th. They've priced it at £14.99 which is a HUGE mis-price, given that it's over £40 everywhere else. They'll probably not honour it, but to toggle their prices up and down on a whim is shoddy stuff!

JP73

Beware
I saw that Play.com had life on mars season 2 on offer at the weekend at £17.99, I had already placed an order for it at £25.99 therefore I went on the site and ordered it at £17.99, with the intention of cancelling the £25.99 one. I then logged into my account to see that the price was shown for both items at £17.99. I therefore cancelled the one I had just ordered.
To my suprise when I checked today the price of the ordered set has risen to £25.99.
I called Play.com who denied that this price had even adjusted and said I would have to pay £25.99, I have therefore cancelled the order.
I would be very interested to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Hi, just to let you know that i ordered the set at £17.99 and my order is now packing, still showing £17.99. Play do adjust their prices time to time for preorders but usually put them up closer to release instead of down!

tel999

Don't you just love play.com.

Ordered the wife 2 cd's about 6 month's ago, then were told that both were actually out of stock so I cancelled the order. Account history showed 'Cancelled'

A couple of weeks ago, guess what dropped through the door.......

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've been ordering from them for years and only had one problem which they sorted out straight away.

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
My 17.99 copy arrived from play today
Price on packet 17.99
Price I paid 17.99

Again big :smashin: to play

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom