Play.com 'In Stock'

Has a buy button but if you click it it takes you to an almost identical window with "Sold Out" emblazoned on it.

Has a buy button but if you click it it takes you to an almost identical window with "Sold Out" emblazoned on it.

I ordered one, at 16:59.... said 'In stock' ships within 24hrs, VERY briefly.

An altogether easier ordering process that trying to use some sites an hour ago for the same purpose (ie. the Ebuyer fiasco!).

Had an order confirmation, and now just sat with fingers and toes crossed for Despatch Confirmation.

I browsed to the hardware section, clicked Buy Now, managed to complete the order (after changing my card details to an account that had enough money in) and by the time the order was completed, it said Out of Stock.

It has said Order Taken though, but I imagine this is a common occurrence for Play at the moment and I'm not holding out much hope.

Well, I managed to order.

If the status turns from 'order taken' to 'processing' then I should be good to go.

Fingers crossed....

I just contacted Play.com and the lady was pretty Adamant there hasn't been any stock in this week. She also stated that they will not be getting any stock in until january and that they was originally allocated 7,000 wii's but nintendo only gave them 300.

snap just been told the same story by play cs.

Yeah I got one ordered yesterday, and foned up play and they said, "the site should not have said it was in stock, bcos they had none." And that it would be until jan for it to come.

Managed to order one, I guess we'll just have to see what happens and keep our eyes peeled elsewhere, at least it is easy to cancel the order if we get one somewhere else.

Managed to order one around 5ish!
Doubt ill get it until Jan!

I just contacted Play.com and the lady was pretty Adamant there hasn't been any stock in this week. She also stated that they will not be getting any stock in until january and that they was originally allocated 7,000 wii's but nintendo only gave them 300.

They are pathetic, Play.com said the same thing about the 360 last Christmas.They just take far too many pre-orders which then infuriates everyone who misses out.

If that's true then it's Nintendo that deserve a slap imo. What exactly was allocated to the UK?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom