Play.com Exclusive Universal 100th Anniversary Steelbook Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
My poor bank account! I wonder how Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead will compare to the Canadian steelbook releases?

And a new logo as well,thats going to sound great.

Children Of Men: Universal 100th Anniversary Edition - This is easily my biggest want in the Wave. Hope it's done properly.:rolleyes:

4 available / 1 sold. Release date 28-May-2012 - WTH?

4 available / 1 sold. Release date 28-May-2012 - WTH?

I know its unbelievable! I cant believe people don't check online entertainment retailers first before resorting to eBay. You see all sorts of silly prices on eBay and bidding wars for things you can get cheaper in store or on other online entertainment retailers. I'm surprised they have only been marked up £6, maybe testing the waters see how popular they are.

I know its unbelievable! I cant believe people don't check online entertainment retailers first before resorting to eBay. You see all sorts of silly prices on eBay and bidding wars for things you can get cheaper in store or on other online entertainment retailers. I'm surprised they have only been marked up £6, maybe testing the waters see how popular they are.

by the time the fees are taken out, and the cost to send the item..the small profit margin on those steelbooks just wouldn't be worth it anyway!

by the time the fees are taken out, and the cost to send the item..the small profit margin on those steelbooks just wouldn't be worth it anyway!

In my opinion, its still worth it mate as every little helps.;)

It's not that unbelievable. Sure someone from the UK would be stupid to pay that much, but it might seem like a good deal for someone from the USA or Canada.

Got the original Kick-Ass steelbook, but I have also ordered this new one as I like the artwork and the price is cheap. Also ordered both Hulk films.

Just waiting on the Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the dead steelbooks now.

£26 here!! That's 160% over the actual cost!!
THE INCREDIBLE HULK BLU RAY RARE UK STEELBOOK Pre-Order MARVEL 100th Anniversary | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
That's crazy - as these are catalogue releases there should plenty enough to go around.

That's crazy - as these are catalogue releases there should plenty enough to go around.

Even if it's a play.com exclusive? I don't think you are aware of previous steelbook releases which have sold out on pre-order alone.

Whats the deal with Play.com..??? I ordered a video game from them months ago and was sent the wrong item and I've been reading on here for months about people receiving damaged steelbooks from them. I thought I'd take a chance with them on the recent sale for 15 quid bluray tin of 'The Pacific'...received it this morning in a flimsy envelope with dents in 3 corners!! I really want the 'American Werewolf In London' steel and 'In Time' steel exclusives but after this experience are they best avoided? What about returns? :mad:

I think it really is the luck of the draw. I don't remember ever having a damaged steelbook from Play.

Having said that, probably a bit unfair to solely blame Play, they're not responsible once it leaves their depot.

They are responsible if their packaging is rubbish though.

Thats right. Play make a song and dance about 'Play exclusive steelbooks' so know they are a bit special but do nothing to protect them aside from putting them in a bog standard jiffy bag.

I ordered two steels from Amazon Germany last week. An A2 size cardboard envelope arrived. Inside those were usual sturdy Amazon folded cardboard packing and inside that the steel wrapped in bubble wrap. That's the way ti do it.

Play know they don't have to protect them as they are exclusives, so people CAN'T shop around. Not many people will send it back if its a little bit damaged.

I wouldn't use Play if it wasn't for their exclusives.

They are responsible if their packaging is rubbish though.

Thats right. Play make a song and dance about 'Play exclusive steelbooks' so know they are a bit special but do nothing to protect them aside from putting them in a bog standard jiffy bag.

I ordered two steels from Amazon Germany last week. An A2 size cardboard envelope arrived. Inside those were usual sturdy Amazon folded cardboard packing and inside that the steel wrapped in bubble wrap. That's the way ti do it.

Play know they don't have to protect them as they are exclusives, so people CAN'T shop around. Not many people will send it back if its a little bit damaged.

I wouldn't use Play if it wasn't for their exclusives.

I haven't had a jiffy bag from Play for years, and I must get between 1/2/4 Blus every week, touch wood don't want to jinx myself...

What do you get them sent in?

I ordered two ROTPOTA steels and they came in a jiffybag each. One was bashed to bits, the other had a minor ding.

Soprano said:

I ordered two ROTPOTA steels and they came in a jiffybag each. One was bashed to bits, the other had a minor ding.

I've heard discussion before that play ship to different parts of the country using different packaging methods.

I'm based in Hove, and like others haven't had anything delivered in a jiffy bag for ages.

I've heard discussion before that play ship to different parts of the country using different packaging methods.

I'm based in Hove, and like others haven't had anything delivered in a jiffy bag for ages.

I might be wrong but I don't think it's that as I've have both types. I think it's more random and the cardboard mailers are just getting used up until they run out of them.

The new jiffys are marked Play.com's new owner Rakuten so I think sooner or later that's all we'll get.

They all ways come in a cardboard slip...

So, these Play.com exclusive 100th anniversary steelbooks then.....................

Even if it's a play.com exclusive? I don't think you are aware of previous steelbook releases which have sold out on pre-order alone.

Oh believe me, i'm fully aware of the situation regarding these and all of Play's other releases. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom