play.com cheap blu rays

A great sale. I dipped my toe in over breakfast for three and then went back just before lunch for another three:

Maltese Falcon steelbook £8.19
Streetcar Named desire steelbook £6.49
Evil Dead 2 £5.99
Led Zeppelin Celebration Day (BD + 2CD) £7.49
Titfield Thunderbolt £10.49
True Grit/No Country for Old Men double pack £7.49

Was holding out for a steelbook of Evil Dead 2 so fully expect that to be announced in the next few days now that I've plumped for an amaray!

Nearly spent £15 on the Led Zep BD a couple of weeks ago so am chuffed to get it at half the price.

Thanks for the heads up. Blimey, not a lot left now.

Got The Dictator, Bourne Legacy and Expendables 2, missed out on Hotel Transylvania, Amazing Spider-man and Cowboys & Aliens though.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, worth a punt at £8.99?

Last edited:
How annoying. I checked House Season 8 an hour ago and it was still £18. I just got a price drop email for £10 and now it is out of stock.

That's odd. I was sure play.com had stock in at £18 and not a third party seller at lunchtime. It was not in their sale page so I assumed it was just the regular price.

Cheers for the heads up, picked up The Rum Diary for £5.69

Ordered 13 Assassins for £4.99 before that disappears. I am still hoping the House boxset comes back in stock but not holding my breath.

+ more...

Just couldn't risk Godfather Steelbook being OOP so gone for it now!

Also gone for 13 Assassins and Hara Kiri never seen either but if it's anything like the Last Samurai then I'll be happy :)

Gutted. I logged on as soon as the same started, but at work with no password. Got in now and nothing left haha I could have had a tonne of good stuff for cheap, now all that is left is crap.

In the end I just went for:

The Mummy's Shroud: Double Play (2 Discs) 7.39
Cowboys & Aliens: Double Play 3.69

Three price alerts today from find-dvd on play.com blu-rays, plus several bargain posts on these boards, and all gone when I clicked through. :mad:

But checking my pricewatch list, I saw that "DIE NIBELUNGEN (Masters of Cinema) (BLU-RAY)" was down to £11.09 at play.com, and still available. Not quite as low as I'd wanted, and no doubt it will drop further, but I'm fed up of waiting.

Three price alerts today from find-dvd on play.com blu-rays, plus several bargain posts on these boards, and all gone when I clicked through. :mad:

But checking my pricewatch list, I saw that "DIE NIBELUNGEN (Masters of Cinema) (BLU-RAY)" was down to £11.09 at play.com, and still available. Not quite as low as I'd wanted, and no doubt it will drop further, but I'm fed up of waiting.

Paul, have a search for other BFI/Masters of Cinema blu-rays! I got Fear and Desire, Alice (Jan Svankmajer) and Harakiri (original) all for under £7 each! Maybe they will drop again?

Hoping for Onibaba, Chinmoku, The Burmese Harp, Kwaidan, Repo Man or Metropolis to drop to under a tenner. Stupidly I didn't get Battleship Potemkin for £7 last night, kinda regretting that now. And The Elephant Man for £8.50.

I might just do that, rapta. The 3 price alerts (4 titles) I missed out on were in fact all MoC blus. I see that play.com's £11.09 Die Nibelungen is now gone.

They are now 238 titles compared to 172 earlier.

368 this morning when I looked. And there was much more not on that link.

Worth keeping an eye out as they may add more suff. Just don't know!

It was 344 at lunchtime. I can't order anymore atm until money goes in tomorrow. There is a couple more I want so will just hope there is still stock tomorrow.

Anyone know what transfers the Rambo's will be? Interested in all three but hasn't there been newer, better releases recently?

Anyone any idea on this please?

All my orders have just come. One of them nearly ended being a empty envelope as the cardboard packaging was not sealed and could have fallen out at any time.

All my orders have just come. One of them nearly ended being a empty envelope as the cardboard packaging was not sealed and could have fallen out at any time.

I had one from play that was poorly done up with tape. Arrived later than my other orders. Had definitely been opened by customs or another third party. Play don't use tape.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom