Play.com Bargain thread - Please post any Play bargains here

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
Right i'm going to assist Partyweb and attempt to get a thread going for each of the major DVD retailors, that way bargains from said store are much easier to find.

Yes I know there is already one going for Play.com but i'm updating some of the old one's before moving onto those that aren't done. Before ordering make sure to check elsewhere (choices, sendit etc) because if Play have it on sale then elsewhere usually will, often at a lower price.

- Price Decrease
+ Price Increase
* Recent Addition

£6.99:
Seven (2 Disc)
+The Notebook
+Blade 2 (2 Discs)

£7.99:
Elektra/Daredevil/LXG (3 disc)
First Daughter/Just Married/Never Been Kissed (3 disc)
Flight of the Phoenix/The Day After Tommorow/Volcano (3disc)
The Girl Next Door/Taxi/Shallow Hal (3 disc)
Two Brothers/5 Children & It/James & the Giant Peach (3 disc)
Chicken Run (icl LE Wallace & Gromit were-rabbit joke book)
Pirates of the Caribbean (2 Discs)

£11.99:
Harsh Realm (3 Disc) - This is what Chris Carter did after The X-Files & Millenium

£12.99:
Prophecy 1/2/3 (3 disc box set)

£13.99:
Firefly
Die Hard Trilogy (6 Disc)

£14.99:
The Simpsons Season 1 (3 Discs)
The Simpsons Season 2 (4 Discs)
The Simpsons Season 3 (4 Discs)
Roswell Season 1 (6 Discs)
Roswell Season 2 (5 Discs)
Roswell Season 3 (6 Discs)

£15.99:
Back to the Future Trilogy (4 disc UE)

£16.99:
Phantasm Sphere (5 disc - Ltd edition box set)
24 Day 1
*Crime Traveller Complete Series (4 dvd box set)

£17.99:
24 Day 2
24 Day 3
24 Day 4
Alien Quadrilogy (9 Discs)
*Boston Legal Season 1 (5 Discs) - R1 product from PlayUSA

£49.99:
Lord of the rings: Holographic Chamber (not a dvd, but really cool!!!)

partyweb

Distinguished Member
Cloysterpeteuk said:
Right i'm going to assist Partyweb and attempt to get a thread going for each of the major DVD retailors, that way bargains from said store are much easier to find....

:smashin: Well done mate.:clap:

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
I'm going to bounce this thread every now and then to keep it in the first couple of pages, at least until people use V2 rather than the now dormant V1, hopefully noone will post on the V1 and it will slowly fall to the bottom of the pool without needing to be locked. But if it doesn't then i'll just keep bouncing this one ahead of the V1 thread to encourage the usage of this one.

Sorry for the need to have two threads but for me to edit the other one would need partyweb's password so that's not gonna happen is it. What would be an idea is if this starts getting confusing then we may need to add a joint account in addition to our exisiting accounts. What I mean by this is set up an account specifically for the editing of the bargain threads, something like Cloysterweb, or PartyCloyst, something stupid like that, anyway both of us would have the password then either of us could edit any of the bargain threads at any time. Plus one of us could take up the slack when one of us is away for any reason.

partyweb

Distinguished Member
Or we could just be made mods ;) (Nah, just kidding - my little circuitboards wouldn't handle the power overload. :D )

I agree that you should just see my thread fall off the map if everyone keeps posting here.

And yes Cloysterpete, the best bet is to just post a reply everytime you've done a worthwhile update to the #1 OP just to bounce it back to the top so everyone knows. Also I've expanded on Gromit's idea to use an '*' to highlight new additions which you can see under my key in my cd-wow 1st post. This may be useful for you too. :smashin:

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
partyweb said:
Or we could just be made mods ;) (Nah, just kidding - my little circuitboards wouldn't handle the power overload. :D )

I agree that you should just see my thread fall off the map if everyone keeps posting here.

And yes Cloysterpete, the best bet is to just post a reply everytime you've done a worthwhile update to the #1 OP just to bounce it back to the top so everyone knows. Also I've expanded on Gromit's idea to use an '*' to highlight new additions which you can see under my key in my cd-wow 1st post. This may be useful for you too. :smashin:

I'll try and keep it as uniform as possible so they are easier to view. Now I just need to figure out how to resize a picture of a Cloyster for my av, why am I having so much trouble with that?.

cabstar

Hi

All of these triple packs are currently just £5.99 in Morrisons along with lots of Disney Live action movies such as

One of our dinasours is missing

Elektra/Daredevil/LXG (3 disc)
First Daughter/Just Married/Never Been Kissed (3 disc)
Flight of the Phoenix/The Day After Tommorow/Volcano (3disc)
The Girl Next Door/Taxi/Shallow Hal (3 disc)
Two Brothers/5 Children & It/James & the Giant Peach (3 disc)

Regards

Gary

partyweb

Distinguished Member
Cloysterpeteuk said:
...Now I just need to figure out how to resize a picture of a Cloyster for my av, why am I having so much trouble with that?.

This any good? It's a pokemon character called a cloyster.

Failing that, just get a copy of paintshop pro and you should be able to resize anything easily.

Attachments

• Cloyster.jpg
    Cloyster.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,191

hughesy

AV Newbie said:
Excellent price. I'm getting this despite having Alien and Aliens on R1.

It is out of stock currently, but Play don't charge cards until they ship.

Cheers.

Damn,:(
I tHought i got the last one as i was sure play said "in stock" when i ordered mine over an hour ago.

Ah well:cool:

partyweb

Distinguished Member
hughesy said:
Damn,:(
I tHought i got the last one as i was sure play said "in stock" when i ordered mine over an hour ago.

Ah well:cool:

YOu'll still get it at that price when play get it back in stock though. :smashin:

hughesy

partyweb said:
YOu'll still get it at that price when play get it back in stock though. :smashin:

I know, no rush anyway, i have about 10 dvd's in a que to be watched, and no thanks to you the list is getting longer!!!:mad:
You must have a massive que by reading what u buy, either that or you dont sleep:eek:

Thanks again for the bargins keep up the good work:smashin:

partyweb

Distinguished Member
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Tell me their sale is a joke.
:lease:

After spending days with filmnight I'm puzzled at their effort. I'm sure play.com have no idea what's going on outside of their ivory towers.:suicide:

They've actually put all their prices up on their items and are calling it a sale. :rolleyes:

partyweb

Distinguished Member
Tell me about it. But the most crazy thing is that, as all us regulars of play.com know their prices on all these items were a lot cheaper last month. :rolleyes:

C

Chumpy

The only decent thing that I found in the sale was what I posted. Like you say, extremely poor this time.

partyweb

Distinguished Member
:hiya: Don't forget play have an easter sale on:
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=playsale
:)smashin: Thanx ScoobyZ)

Mind you after Filmnight, there's not that much there that impresses me.:thumbsdow

£4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

£5.99
Decent (1 disc)
Fantastic Four (1 disc)
Flubber
Star Wars: Clone Wars V1
Star Wars: Clone Wars V2

£7.99
Corpse Bride
Dukes of Hazzard: Unseen
Herbie Fully Loaded
Sin City
War of the World 2005

£9.99
LOTR: TT (5 disc collectors box)

£13.99
Die Hard Trilogy (6 disc SE)

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
partyweb said:
Anything new happening at play C'Pete?

:lease:

Well there was something good I saw earlier that I intended to add in then update but errr, I can't remember :thumbsdow , getting too old I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom