Play.com Approx Delivery Time

Searcher73

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Placed order with Play.com this morning around 7am and the status of my order is now 'posted today'.

Does anyone have any recent experiences of taking delivery of a small package from Play.com? If so, I am interested in how long it took for item to be delivered when the status was at 'posted today'.

Basically I am hoping that as the item has been posted today (early afternoon) that I receive delivery tomorrow (Saturday)

I know it all depends on different factors, location etc but I guess I am just desperate to kick some ass at PES5 this weekend.

Play.com & CDWOW are both lightning quick in my experience, use them both regularly & I think the longest I've waited is 3 days & that include items coming from Hong Kong.

I doubt you'll see this until Monday morning though......

you'll get it monday, they post from jersey (unless its changed in the last month) first class.

2 days usually from the posted status but I am in the wilds....

I got a posted email on Thursday and my CD arrived this morning.

This is always what happens to my orders on play.com:

posted (day 1) ------ travelling from jersey (day 2) ------- Recieve in post (day 3)

Always very happy with them :) Best online supllier in my opionion.

dave1de said:
Always very happy with them :) Best online supllier in my opionion.

I would certainly agree with that. Good website, fast delivery. I've has one CD that went missing in the post. They sent a replacement FOC straight away without any questions.

Yes - we've bought loads of stuff from Play - never longer than 4 days from dispatch notice usually 2-3 days in my experience. Also fast are dvd.co and blah.

CD-Wow seem to throw the order onto a plane as soon as they get the order if its stock - truly amazing.

Like a snail - almost anything I've ever ordered from the states.

Had quite a lot of stuff go missing in the past, but Land of the dead came this week no probs :)

I do like play.com always within 2 days :smashin:

richardd said:
CD-Wow seem to throw the order onto a plane as soon as they get the order if its stock - truly amazing.
I think they bought all remaining concordes :)

They send expensive items (over £100) via parcel force next day aswell.

Got my package today, thanks all for your replies.

I wish I was over the moon but I ain't but this nothing to do with Play.com but my blinking PC giving me install error 1628 and I cant bloody fix :(

Got a load of dvd's thier at xmas, no probs.

mmmm, I'm getting a bit worried about some dvdrs I ordered from them in the sale, posted 26th (according to the order status), no sign of them yet!

I ordered about 7 things in the sales. 5 arrived today, 3 in new amazon.com alike packaging.

chrislad said:
I ordered about 7 things in the sales. 5 arrived today, 3 in new amazon.com alike packaging.

It's weird though as they haven't completely moved to amazon style packaging, half the stuff I got was stil in jiffy bags. Maybe they're trialling it?

The amazon style packaging has been around for quite a while now - I don't quite know what criteria they are using for it, maybe it is just problematic and the jiffy bag is a fallback when it breaks down.

Also getting concerned about my orders, were posted between 31st December and 3nd January, and still haven't arrived (3 different orders, 3 different days), yet a book I ordered from em that was posted on 3/1 arrived today.

Only ever had 1 go missing in the post in all this time, but it is beyond wierd if three posted on three different days go missing at once.

The DVD's turned up this afternoon. Good to see the post office is striving to deliver on time since they now have competition and are putting the cost of delivery up again :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom