1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play - Awaiting delivery of stock

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by James45, Jul 8, 2003.

1. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Waiting for a couple of new releases from Play (namely King of Leon CD and the new Anchor Bay Manhunter) this week and both have reached release day and displayed "Out Now - Awaiting Delivery of Stock".

How the hell can they not have enough stock in to meet orders? Not very professional Play... sort it out.:lesson:

2. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are always out of stock of tonnes of things, i swear they must loose tonnes of potential custom through this

I dont know if they run a just in time system but whatever it is, its a bit dodgy!

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but this is not having stock of new releases... i can understand them running out of back catalogue items but not having new releases on the day of release is damn poor

4. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    No it simply means there suppliers are not quick releasing orders(play obviously get there stock cheaper than most retailers ,so dont get the usual
    shipping of 1/2 weeks earlier)Thats why most companys that already have,say,daredevil are going to be £2/4 more than play(sometimes!!!)
    Dont forget that play did source most of there r1 titles from canada which is also why the extra delay!!!If you are waiting for a r2 title,stock sometimes is sent to online retailers on the day of delivery!!!By the way,if play are now selling from there USA site(for custom purposes)They can only sell usa dvds(non-billingaul covers)It would be against trading standards:nono:

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm. They should be in a position to despatch good on the date of release no matter what price they pay for their stock. As R1 retailers go Play are pretty much at the top end of the pricing bracket you can still pay £16.99 for a new release (i think I'm paying that for Final Destination 2) when most new titles at places like DVDsoon usually cost £11-12.

And as for play supplying canadian discs while advertising as PlayUSA, they do! I got Devil's Backbone two days ago, ordered on Friday, and while non-bilingual it had a Canadian ratings sticker on the back. Again not good enough.

6. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    James45,Im not 100% sure of the trading standards law regarding this ,but as far as i know they cant be called 'usa' if they are selling canadian dvds!!It just means some one has to tell trading standards and see what they say!!Thats if it bothers you?
    Regarding pricing,play are about the cheapest r1 supplier based in the Eu!
    Companies based in the us/canada dont have to worry about shipping costs of a large amount of dvds,when you order from the usa you only pay your own costs
    With regards final destination,movietyme will be shipping fri/sat for £16.99(i think?)I'll bet thats atleast 1/2 weeks before play!!!