Play-Asia Problems - A Polite Warning To All Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenRead

This is going to be a long post/rant so I apologise now :lesson:

I placed my order for the HK Iron Man 2 Steelbook on the 01/10/10, the release date was 04/10/10 it was dispatched on the 07/10/10.

I was still waiting for it to arrive on the 04/11/10 so emailed them.

I placed an order for Iron Man 2 [2-Disc Steel Case Edition]
Hong Kong, Blu-Ray Region A which was shipped on the 7th October (28 days ago) via Air Economy Box and I am still waiting for it to arrive.

Please can you let me know when I should expect to receive this order.

Their reply...

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com

I am very sorry to hear about this delay when delivering your order. Can
you please kindly give us your postal address for verification to see if
this matches up with the info we have on file?

Please also notice that sometimes items are held up by your local post
office or customs service. If you haven't done so yet, we recommend you to ask your post office for assistance as well.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

I forwarded on my address as requested and received this reply...

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Your address matches on our system, now we are going to start an
investigation from the post office, please understand, it will normally
take around 3 weeks to complete.

While the investigation start, I strongly recommend you to visit your local
post office regularly to do the checkup on your parcel. It is very
important before they send it back to us.

You can also provide our postal sender address to the post office
Play-Asia.com
P.O. Box 1351
Tsuen Wan Post Office
Tsuen Wan, NT
Hong Kong

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Now by this point I'm guessing you are starting to think what I was at the time, no offer of a refund and being given the run around?:rolleyes:

No further contact has been forthcoming so yesterday I decide to contact them again.

Please can you let me know what is going on with my order?

You have had my money for this since the 1st October it is now the 22nd November, that is a total of 53 days!

I still haven't received my Steelbook, refund any
contact or form of resolution from you!

If I don't get a refund from yourselves you will have left me with no other option but to open a dispute with my bank/card issuer for items not received and get them to collect what is owed to me from you.

Their reply...

This E-Mail is regarding your lost order.

Again, please let us apologize for the situation. We certainly appreciate
your custom, it makes us sad to hear about these problems when it comes to the delivery of your items.

We ship all our orders from our warehouses in Hong Kong, our distribution
channels have been proven to be very reliable. Still, we are, in most
cases, shipping your products half way around the world; this leaves the
chance that something might go wrong on a very low number of shipments. As
for your particular order, we are very sorry it did not reach you.

We have spent a lot of time in research on what might have gone wrong with your shipment, we have to admit, we did not learn much what actually could have been the real cause. It may have been that the package contents were not approved by the customs offices in your country, it may be have been
that the package size has caused difficulities to the destionation post
office. It is very difficult to get information on failed deliveries for
non-courier shipping methods. We haven't had a return of your package, so all we know is that your package is now 'somewhere'. Not at your place, not at any official postal authorities' places, not at our place.

Your order was shipped a long time ago. You should have gotten it a long
time ago as well. Our records say, you unfortunately did not get it. If you
have received your order in the meanwhile, please kindly reply to us that
you have received it.

If your order has not arrived, then we can, at this time, only offer a
refund in form of store credit for furture purchases at Play-Asia.com. We
possibly could offer a resend of the lost item, and we will do so if
requested, however, please keep in mind that we can not give any guarantee that the replacement would arrive, and that such action would be on your
own risk.

We kindly ask you, to reply to this email whether your item arrived in the
meanwhile or not.

As said before, if your item did not arrive, we can offer a store credit in
full value of your lost order, or, if requested (and understood that we are
not liable for the repeated loss of the resend) we can resend the item.

We can not rule out that your parcel might eventually arrive still, if it
does arrive, please kindly let us know.

Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

IMO this is not good enough, they are just talking ****! :mad:

No refund & no Steelbook, but I can have a store credit with them or they send me a replacement even tho it is OOP?!

Also

please keep in mind that we can not give any guarantee that the replacement would arrive, and that such action would be on your own risk.

and

As said before, if your item did not arrive, we can offer a store credit in full value of your lost order, or, if requested (and understood that we are not liable for the repeated loss of the resend) we can resend the item.
I have told them that I want a refund and nothing else is acceptable. Let's see what garbled illegible trite I get this time :mad:

I don't know if it's just me but it sounds like they are taking the **** :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a paypal dispute that is the only way to get the money back rather than store credit.

I have three Avatar's on order with them I hope they arrive :(

BenRead

Do a paypal dispute that is the only way to get the money back rather than store credit.

I have three Avatar's on order with them I hope they arrive :(

Fortunately or unfortunately whichever way you want look at it I paid with my debit card. If I had paid with Paypal I wouldn't be able to claim due their time limit for filing a claim. I think(hope) I can get the bank to return the money as the goods haven't been received.

This seems to be the case with the majority if not all of the Uk members who ordered the HK IM2 release through them. I get the impression that they have taken too many orders and not had enough stock to fill them all but not wanted to return the payment other. A win win situation for them!

Also a lot of members have received damaged Steelbooks from them and after a lot of toing and froing via email the have been given a measly $5 voucher.

This was the first time I have used them and it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth, I won't be going back for more. I will be using Hmv.com.hk or letting fellow forum members go through the stress of buying them and be prepared to pay a little extra when purchasing spare copies.

I wish you the best of luck with your orders and have my fingers & toes crossed for you as their customer service is a joke!

Luckly a member on Blu-Ray.Com came to my aid and sold me a copy which arrived yesterday and is near mint(marks hidden under the label :() so now I just need to get my $50's back :rolleyes:

Last edited:

quicksand

Lame. I've been following this on BRF as well, Ben. It's too coincidental for so many international orders for a limited item to go missing in the post, IMO.

Thanks for the warning, I won't be ordering with them. It's not worth the potential headache. Hope you get it sorted. :smashin:

Richard

Distinguished Member
Same issue here Ben. Just fired off an email to them asking for a refund. What are my chances?

Steven

Senior Moderator
I prefer yes-asia, cd japan or HMV HK for SE Asia imports myself

nabby

Distinguished Member
I've got the same problem as the OP. From what I read on BRF, if you paid by Paypal (and I did), they won't refund you as it's not an eBay transaction. I don't know if this is correct but if so, Paypal have made my list as well.

I'm waiting to see what play-asia offer me. I have used them in the past for video games and they've all arrived but with the IM 2 steelbook I think there's something fishy going on as far too many people have not received their copies, especially in the UK.

I've got the same problem as the OP. From what I read on BRF, if you paid by Paypal (and I did), they won't refund you as it's not an eBay transaction. I don't know if this is correct but if so, Paypal have made my list as well.

I'm waiting to see what play-asia offer me. I have used them in the past for video games and they've all arrived but with the IM 2 steelbook I think there's something fishy going on as far too many people have not received their copies, especially in the UK.

I just cancelled my Avatar order and it shows as cancelled and they sent an email stating it is cancelled just waiting to see my paypal payment say refund if not i'll open a dispute and see what happens

EDIT: :suicide: I read this thread completely wrong my order was in with yes-asia and not play asia so looks like I cancelled my order for no reason teach me to read posts on my phone :facepalm:

Last edited:
ah thanks thought jsw mighta had his banning cap on seen a few get banned recently for not pricing trade threads and I didn't have prices next to mine :blush:

BenRead

Was removed/deleted. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to freedom of speech eh? :rolleyes:

The reply I received the morning after asking for a full refund...

Since it seems it is not safe enough for using airmail, we would recommend
you to use courier instead so that the shipping company would be
responsible for the loss. If you are interested in any items, we can
change your order and upgrade to registered airmail so that the post office
would be responsible for the loss. Therefore, you don't need to worry that
you cannot receive the order.

Last edited:

Steven

Senior Moderator
I just cancelled my Avatar order and it shows as cancelled and they sent an email stating it is cancelled just waiting to see my paypal payment say refund if not i'll open a dispute and see what happens

EDIT: :suicide: I read this thread completely wrong my order was in with yes-asia and not play asia so looks like I cancelled my order for no reason teach me to read posts on my phone :facepalm:
Never act hastily on the say so of an internet forum :lesson: :)
Whatever happened to freedom of speech eh? :rolleyes:
Freedom of speech does not entitle you to unchecked inflammatory and antagonistic language. The forum owner there is responsible for the public posts of his members. He is rightly protecting himself from any possible accusation of defamation. Asking "who is still waiting for a refund from..." is fact. Asking "who got screwed over..." is opinion

Hope they don't have a big playing card sized dent on the front or back :devil:

LOL me too.

Ones for me and one for NattyE for his ever expanding Avatar collection

Also got two more i'm putting on classifieds coming from another person in China, ordered from two people just in case and ended up with 4 :suicide:

Last edited:

Richard

Distinguished Member
Just pinged off my email asking for a refund and not store credit.

Having paid with a Visa debit card, would I get any joy contacting my bank?

BenRead

Just pinged off my email asking for a refund and not store credit.

Having paid with a Visa debit card, would I get any joy contacting my bank?

You need to ask the to initiate something called a chargeback, there is paperwork involved which you need to fill out something you can get from customer services :smashin:

Richard

Distinguished Member
"Dear Richard,
We have refunded to your credit card.
Best regards,
Michelle
Play-Asia.com"

BenRead

"Dear Richard,
We have refunded to your credit card.
Best regards,
Michelle
Play-Asia.com"

:thumbsup: I'm still waiting for my reply, has the refund hit your account yet?

I still haven't heard back from them after saying that I only wanted a refund and nothing else would be acceptable.

Hopefully with a few of us contacting them they might give in.

Richard

Distinguished Member
:thumbsup: I'm still waiting for my reply, has the refund hit your account yet?

I still haven't heard back from them after saying that I only wanted a refund and nothing else would be acceptable.

Hopefully with a few of us contacting them they might give in.

Not checked yet mate. Really busy at work today.

I guess it'll take a day or so to show up. Monday is my guess.

Coximus Prime

Fingers crossed they credit your account so you don't end up receiving the following response...

"Dear Richard,
It appears your refund has been lost in transit and therefore we are only able to offer you store credit as you did did not take our 'refund insurance'.
Best regards,
Michelle
Play-Asia.com"

Fingers crossed they credit your account so you don't end up receiving the following response...

"Dear Richard,
It appears your refund has been lost in transit and therefore we are only able to offer you store credit as you did did not take our 'refund insurance'.
Best regards,
Michelle
Play-Asia.com"

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone