1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play-Asia DVD Details

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Simon6776, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I thought I was onto quite a good find, with www.play-asia.com, but out of the three DVDs I ordered, only 1 has really fulfilled expectations. I ordered Dawn Of The Dead 2004, Cliffhanger DTS, and Merlin 2 Disc DTS. Well, DOTD 2004 is fine, except that I have to lock my Panny TX32PK1 into 16:9, otherwise the aspect keeps changing, for some reason. It's the only DVD this happens on, but hey, no big deal. Good film, and got it 2 months ahead of most people. The same cannot be said for the other two orders.

Cliffhanger DTS is not the 2 disc version I was expecting, and had hoped for, but a single disc with bog all extras, and a crappy sleeve. The only reason I'm keeping it is because it does have excellent sound. Merlin is indeed 2 discs, but is merely the movie spread over the two discs, no DTS, and no extras, so I might as well have stuck to my original Channel 4 R2. It also has predominantly Chinese writing on the cover, which is nothing like the picture on the site. Also, I'm positive it said DTS when I ordered it, but checking now, it doesn't, so whether they have changed it, or I misread it, I don't know.

Anyway, what I'm getting round to saying is, be careful when you order from Play-Asia, as the details of DVDs on the site are minimal, to say the least, and you may not get what you were hoping for.