Play Asia component orders

shade_of_meta

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone who hasnt received their component cable from Play Asia isnt going to before Christmas by the looks of it....

"thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I'm sorry but we didnt receive sufficient quantities to fill all orders and cannot guerantee shipping before christmas.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Maurice
Play-Asia.com"

:rolleyes:

Well, apparently mine was shipped on 1/12 but it hasn't shown up yet. Has anyone received theirs yet ?

no - but i had a classic controller sent out by them the day before that which still hasn't arrived. my guess is that there must be a backlog in customs.

mine shipped on 1/12/06 too, but nothing received so far. i shipped economy too:rolleyes:

my classic controller shipped on the 27th november and i got it 5 days later (with economy)

Mine shipped by normal airmail shipping from Play-Asia on 1st December and arrived yesterday. So I'd expect other cables which shipped at the same time to turn up soon

well i had mine ship on the 22/11 and nothing yet.. on the same day i had some other stuff sent out and recieved it last week...

i had already an order through which was made way after i ordered my component cable. makes me nervous...

Well, apparently mine was shipped on 1/12 but it hasn't shown up yet. Has anyone received theirs yet ?

Same here - still waiting

I find it weird that people have had other items arriving days ago which were shipped on the same date. I'll give play-asia the benefit of the doubt on this a bit longer as they never disappointed me in the past.

I cancelled mine as the date for them at play-asia was 20th Dec. I'd never get it in time for Xmas.
So ordered the fanatec ones at amazon

Edit:Ooh just checked amazon and it says will not recieve before Xmas. :thumbsdow

does anyone know if there is actually a shortage of component cables in japan or the east?

i know play-asia are awaiting stock but is it just them (being international internet shippers) or is this shortage worldwide in actual stores?

Right, there is definitely something fishy going on here. Today I received a 360 game from play-asia which I ordered last week, yet there is no sign of the component cable which apparently was shipped nearly 2 weeks ago.

Maybe I'm paranoid ..... or the component cable hunt has finally taken it's toll on my sanity. I'm getting to the conclusion that they never had enough cables to fulfill all their pre-orders, and rather than taking the chance of people cancelling their orders they just send out a nice 'your item has shipped' email, debit your card, and hope that they are getting new stock in soon so they can send out the cables slightly late.

If it's not here by saturday I'm going start chasing it up with them.

does anyone know if there is actually a shortage of component cables in japan or the east?

i know play-asia are awaiting stock but is it just them (being international internet shippers) or is this shortage worldwide in actual stores?

I think a lot of cables have been diverted to the US, as they use component like we use scart over here. I hear that it is available straight from the nintendo website over there. Japanes TVs mainly use a D plug connector type cable rather than component.

i don't think the D cable's released yet, though, so the japanese are using component, too

Mine was shipped on friday 1st december and I received it thursday 7th december. I'm in Amsterdam.

I ordered an extra nunchuck and a component cable.

Nunchuck arrived on Monday but no sign of the component cable - but thankfully I got a Madcatz one on the 8th.

I heard I cannot cancel one the order has been processed - if it arrives and there is still a shortage I'll pop it on this site at cost plus p&p.

ok guys, the cable turned up yesterday, just collected it from the Post Office:thumbsup:

the packaging is actually quite large so if it was sent standard it's about expected to be here in two weeks at this time of year (i know, it's ok for me to say now i have it but..). hang in there, i'm sure they'll turn up.

ok guys, the cable turned up yesterday, just collected it from the Post Office:thumbsup:

the packaging is actually quite large so if it was sent standard it's about expected to be here in two weeks at this time of year (i know, it's ok for me to say now i have it but..). hang in there, i'm sure they'll turn up.

Yes, the package is too big to be delivered through the 'postbox' in your door.

yes but also i was assuming now i've seen it that as it ships airmail (size consideration) and the uk PO has re-arranged their schedules to take into account weight AND size could explain the delay.

Yep, mine turned up today too :clap: .

Thanks play-asia, I'll take anything back I said about them :rolleyes: - damn post / customs :devil: . As usually they didn't disappoint.

while i am waiting for play asia to send me mine i decided to diy a component cable.

First impressions of PQ in 480p are amazing been using composite for a week now which makes it far easier to notice the difference

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom