PLAY and their delivery service.

S

saucytoe

I ordered 6 tiltles 2 weeks ago of which i received 4 within 6 days of ordering yet still havent received the other two. Both titles i'm looking for are in stock ( Joy Ride and Frailty) I e-mailed Play about 3 days ago and still havent got any word back from them. i think this is appalling and shows a lack of respect for their customers.:mad:

I ordered 3 last wednesday from play, for the first time in ages

I would have normally received them by now,

checked the site, card declined !?! (first time in 14 years of being a visa card holder),

so email them - still no response.....

cd wow any good?

Had 2 discs missing after 12 days. E-mailed them and recieved a relpy the next day saying they had posted new DVDs to me.

1 out of 100+ discs missing after 14 days, e-mailed Play - replacement sent & received.

Why do people blame Play when it's obviously the postal service that's at fault?

I've never had a problem with them either.

Agree with Ian.

Play's delivery times have always been great for me

Adzman

Yip, no probs here. I normally get my discs within 1 week.

Got wrong title once but they replaced it before i'd even sent the wrong one back.

Titles ship day after ordering normally its just the mail system thats pants.

I've never had any trouble with Play. The longest I've had to wait is 4 days.

Play are not crap, Post Office are. I have had many problem with either discs not recieved (DVDS,Games,CD) or damaged in the post.( PF &JB R1 ) All it takes is a simple phone call and the problems are always sorted. You may have to chase them up sometimes to remind them, but they are always on the end of a phone if you have any problems. Top service, full marks to play

Paul

Yesterday I recieved 6 dvds from play that were posted on the 20th one of them was the wrong disk the first time this has happened I have ordered over 500 movies with them and because of this mistake I will never use them again.:D :D

Only kidding I love play they really are the best supplier of dvds I have ever used and I have used a few they may not be the cheapest but after 500+ movies they were due a mistake, they may not be the cheapest or the fastest but they are the best for consistancy I would buy all my movies from them but there anime section is a little poor so I get those and a few others elsewhere but allways come back to the company that gives me the least grief (i.e play)

Play - Hardly breathtakingly quick, but never really a problem.

Play - apparently also responsible for the running of the Postal services of the whole United Kingdom. Blimey.

If you are going to criticise a company here please make your criticism constructive - describing companies as crap is not fair or wholly accurate.

Originally posted by Lex
If you are going to criticise a company here please make your criticism constructive - describing companies as crap is not fair or wholly accurate.

It would also be appreciated if saucytoe didn't post the same thing on a weekly basis.

so, our emails to Play go via the post office do they?

is my ISP printing them off and poping them in an envelope ?

I think our criticism is of play's failure to reply to our emails after they send an email promising a response in 24 hours !

and the reason for complaint is primarily because we like play, and have had good service in the past, and are worried that they are losing grip when getting big.

Constructive criticism - okay how about this

Play, as you get bigger, plough some profits back into your customer service dept,

or, change your automatic email response to say 24 DAYS not 24 hours contact time.

never had a problem with play in over 2 years and countless dvd's, cd's and games.

I like DVD Boxoffice for customer service.

The mails Janice sends are very friendly ;)

This problem demonstrates probably the biggest success and the potential failure of Internet companies.

On the one hand, Play offer massive choice, great value and a 'free' P&P system. They also tend, in the majority of cases, to offer a next day delivery system assuming the product is in stock and you order early enough in the day.

On the other, people are now totally expectant of next day delivery, very low prices and a large choice of films.

Basically the bar becomes heightened to such a level that the companies simply cannot consistently deliver against their customers expectations 100% of the time.

I did it myself the other day, ordered an in-stock DVD from Play at about 3.30pm. It didn't come the following day and I was annoyed. Thing is, even in a close geographical area, you have to get a first class letter/package in the post before 4pm for the PO to 'guarantee' next day delivery... so I was expecting Play to get my order, process it, pack it and have it posted from Jersey by 4pm to get to me next day. Looking back, it was unfair on them to have that expectation BUT the damage against their reputation in my mind was already done.

Remember, another benefit to Play is that you can see exactly how your order is progressing. If they posted it three days ago, it's hardly their fault it hasn't reached you yet. If they haven't posted an in stock item 4 days after receiving your order, then they owe you an apology... the thing is, at least you can check this.

Yes, they should definitely answer customer emails with 24hours (within 12 would be better, assuming you don't email them at 9pm).

Yes, they shouldn't ever make mistakes but it's humans picking and packing those DVDs and I dare say they're not the highest paid or trained individuals.

I still think it's bloody amazing that we can order such a huge range of films (especially R1s) at such low prices and often get the goods next day or sometimes even before the official release dates.

I also think there are probably a good 500+ people as members of these forums who buy regularly (once, twice a month) from Play and look how many have actually posted negative comments, maybe 10 or so? Again, most companies would relish a 2% customer dissatisfaction level.

Let's keep things in perspective. The last good thing... if Play really DO go downhill for good, there's always others snapping at their heals for the business. God bless the Internet :)

BTW, I have no connection to Play and am sure they mess up like every other company does on occasion. Bonesy is right though, once a company has messed up, it's the salvage work they do to put things right that is the measure of them... so keeping fed up customers a little happier would be a key area for Play to improve.

Why is it that Spectre allows a libellous title about Play to remain, uncensored, but changes a title of a thread relating to burglars and thieves from the already censored title 'Ba@@ards' ?

Shurely shome mishtake?

I've used them for years.
They are not the quickest .
They are nearly the cheapest.
They are the most reliable.

( I reckon there are about 4-6 play packages on the reception desk at my work every single morning: I should be on commision!)

Play once processed, packed and dispatched an order of mine within 18 minutes of me ordering it. And this status appeared on their site within that time as well. They are great. Juboy is right when he says that occasional 'miracles' like that do raise the bar and we tend to expect that level of service on a regular basis.

The only problem I have had with Play was last week when one of my orders was stalling at the packing stage, I phoned play and spoke to someone on the other end after holding for less than two minutes! The problem was solved there and then and within minutes the status of the order changed on the website.

I have no problem with that level of service, play are great, keep up the good work!

I think James45 has hit it on the head there. If you have a problem phone them. Email is never that great. If you phone you know you are speaking to someone and can get the problem rectified.

Originally posted by Glasswalker
If you have a problem phone them. Email is never that great. If you phone you know you are speaking to someone and can get the problem rectified.

That is a big chink in Play's armour then. As a Net based company (primarily) they should offer a far better email service than phone service.

Originally posted by juboy

That is a big chink in Play's armour then. As a Net based company (primarily) they should offer a far better email service than phone service.

Yeah, but wouldn't you rather speak to somebody than email them. I know I would.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom