• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Play and charge kits...USB universal?

Benny06

Established Member
I got a play and charge kit slightley cheaper £10 as opposed to £15 when i brought my 360 along with other bits as a deal/thankyou for your £400 lol

obviousley they plug into one of the 3 USB ports on the 360.

my question is can i charge it through a USB on my PC? or is it strictley xbox only?

my reason for this is that if i leave it charging thru the xbox, the psu stays on and that = noise. Where as my pc's always on and is alot quieter. so it means i could charge them alot more peacefully lol:smashin:

thanks in advance.

Benny

mannyo

Established Member
They work fine using the USB on a PC to charge them, thats what I have always done with mine.

kevlar

Established Member
I like the way you can leave it charging from a powered off 360, the 360 staying in a low power mode until the controller is charged then it switches off completely. Note this doesn't happen if using one of the HD DVD USB's.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I always charge mine through my PC as its on pretty much all the time, come to think of it I have not once charged my controller through the 360.

GaryMo

Prominent Member
I like the way you can leave it charging from a powered off 360, the 360 staying in a low power mode until the controller is charged then it switches off completely. Note this doesn't happen if using one of the HD DVD USB's.

My previous (now returned as faulty) 360 used to do that but the replacement model just powers off and shuts the controller down with it without continuing the charging process.

j_s

Established Member
When using my play and charge kit and I switch off the 360 with it plugged in it only stays on for 10 mins and then completely shuts off, this has been the case for my first 360 and my replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom