Play And Charge Kit

blakeyboy

I have just got a play and charge kit second hand but with out a battery. Can I use rechargable batteries in it or does it have to be a special kind in the controller?

virtual22

Mine has a special battery pack, it's not just rechargeables in there. I'm sure it also says somewhere in the instructions not to use normal or rechargeable batteries but I'm at work so cannot check for you.

Br0ken

I may be wrong so worth doing a search but i'm sure i read on these very forums that some one opened a battery and it had rechargable batteries inside! Nothing special at all. People have even replaced with longer lasting rechargable batteries.

ed540

If its any help, then I can remember reading the same as above. Perhaps its worth checking the posts

S

SquintingBadger

I just stick rechargeable AA's directly in my pad. No messing about with expensive and fiddly recharge kits.

bjnsharp

Just buy a rechargeable battery. It recharges through the gold connections on the back rather than the springs anyway. So you couldn't charge regular batteries.

blakeyboy

Thanks for the help. I have plenty of AA's rechargeables so I will use them. I just didn't want it breaking the controler.

jason g

Distinguished Member
Just buy a rechargeable battery. It recharges through the gold connections on the back rather than the springs anyway. So you couldn't charge regular batteries.

i got the charger and 2 official batteries, now when one is running low i just change it for the other one and set the run down one to charge.
ive also got the play and charge but havent used it, i only got it for the battery u get with it.
whats the point in having wireless controllers then plugging it back in again?

bjnsharp

It doesn't bother me having to charge it for a short period every now and then. It doesn't take long and the charging cable is long enough.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom