1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play 247:strange?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mr chadwick, Aug 2, 2002.

1. mr chadwick

mr chadwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just had a look at play and i noticed they have dropped region 1 and changed it to imported dvds.why is this?is it just a cosmetic change or are they going to up their prices because they think their dvds are specially imported?:confused:

2. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just had a look and it says region 1 still :confused:

3. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    And from where Im sitting...

4. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wierd, I'm seeing the same as Chadwick.

The only mention of R1 on the front page is in the drop down search box. Hope it's just a glitch as I liked the region 1 section on the front page with the new releases.

5. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Aah..got you now..Yep, can see it when I click on home page, but when I click on the link it goes to r1 as normal anyway.

reason I didnt see it b4 was cos r2 page is stored in Favourites, :rolleyes:

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh dear.... when you add ANY new R1 title to your basket (even if it's just £9.99), you get this:

That message used to only come up on new titles that were more than £18.

Either they really are now shipping directly from N America .... or this is just a change to keep the "authorities" happy by sending out a very clear message that these are imports and are not dispatched from within the EU .... If you look at FutureEnt they say that all their DVDs are shipped from N America as well .... but we know otherwise ;)

Time will tell.......

Interestingly, R1 has shifted to the bottom of the search box. I wonder if the "Imported DVDs" link (to the right of the home page) is a sign that they will start selling other regions as well.....

7. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might be as they are shipping more Canadian disks now. I compained bitterly when I got my Criterion of Traffic to discover it was the Canadian version (non-criterion standard spine) when the web page clearly showed a US Flag. They explaind this was their way of saying it was Region 1 and not an R2 disc. I pointed out that I didn't agree with it as it misled by 'advertising' Americanism not North American.

Maybe they are just covering themselves and saying that although its a 'Region1' (or hopefully 4 as well) we are improting it from one of the countries without having to specifiy for each disc.

Hopefuly I didn't upset them too much.

8. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this was a change to prevent confusion to the unconverted masses. The search and site now default to R2. With adverts in papers like News of the World they want to prevent the public buying R1 disks and then complaining they won't play in a R2 only player.