platinum147 projector screens on ebay

fezster

Bought one of these:

New 100" Electric HD Projection Screen Matt Grey 16:9 | eBay

A simple question, but how do I adjust the amount this screen can drop down. The instructions show 2 screws, but Im not sure if I need to first remove screws near the power lead and remove a cap to get to them ?? Or are they the ones on the outside ?

If anyone has one of these and can help, that would be great.

Thanks.

Lee.Pie

I've just installed my one of these.

The top limit screw is in the hole in the casing to the far Right of the screen and the bottom limit screw is just inside the casing near top limit one. You cant get to it unless the the screen is lowered and it's a green coloured screw.

No need to take any of the casing apart!

Last edited:

fezster

Thanks, will take a look when I get home.

Might take some pictures if I still cant find it (!). Are both top and lower limit screws green in colour ?

Lee.Pie

Off the top of my head i think it's just the lower limit screw in green, which you can't get to when the screen is all the way to the top. the top limit screw i think is black or gray and is through a hole in the casing.

I can check when i get home if you like but that wont be until midnight-ish?

Barney50

Bought one of these:

New 100" Electric HD Projection Screen Matt Grey 16:9 | eBay

A simple question, but how do I adjust the amount this screen can drop down. The instructions show 2 screws, but Im not sure if I need to first remove screws near the power lead and remove a cap to get to them ?? Or are they the ones on the outside ?

If anyone has one of these and can help, that would be great.

Thanks.

Hi , can you comment on the quality of the screen , and if the grey material is any good ?

Regards

Mark

fezster

@Barney50 - Im very happy with it. I sit ~ 3m away, from a 96" diagonal screen (couldnt quite get the full 100"). The grey allows me to have a couple of hallway lights on, and still get a very vivid image on the screen.

The only thing Id say is that the screen is heavy (!) And putting it up ended up being more difficult than I'd imagined.

@Lee - Thanks for reply, I didnt get a chance to look at it last night, but will do tonight.

Lee.Pie

@Barney50 - Im very happy with it. I sit ~ 3m away, from a 96" diagonal screen (couldnt quite get the full 100"). The grey allows me to have a couple of hallway lights on, and still get a very vivid image on the screen.

The only thing Id say is that the screen is heavy (!) And putting it up ended up being more difficult than I'd imagined.

@Lee - Thanks for reply, I didnt get a chance to look at it last night, but will do tonight.

You want to try putting up the 120" screen, did it on my own, with my 60" Kuro seating under where i was working. :laugh:

Could of ended in tears!

Lee.Pie

L shaped shelf brackets bought from Homebase, can't rememberer the size off hand but it had 3 holes on each length, so 6 in total.
The 3 that line up against the wall i used the supplied anchor bolt that come with the screen on the top hole and use normal raw plugs with screws for the other 2.
It isn't going nowhere, it's nice and solid.

I'll take a photo when i get home tonight and post it on here tomorrow morning.

Lee.Pie

Here's how i did mine.

778993f6.jpg

fezster

Nice, here's mine:

I never got an anchor bolt with mine. Ended up picking up this high load shelf bracket from B&Q, along with M6 anchor bolts.

I wonder if my projector is slightly different to yours, has mine as 2 hooks to "hang" the projector, whereas you seem to have screwed yours down onto the bracket. The reason for the cable tie is that Ive got it hanging from 2 hook bolts, so just in case it ever gets knocked off (!)

I finally found the adjustment screws to stop the screen going too far down - they were under 2 black plastic caps, and then had to mess about trying to locate the screw, whilst the whole thing was hanging up :suicide:

Got there in the end though.

koraldon

Standard Member
Thinking of getting one of those, and had a couple of questions to ppl who already bought them:
a) How reliable is the electric mechanism? and does it accept a trigger?
b) Quality-wise, is there a difference between those screen and screens from more reputable companies (draper, etc...)?

while it is much cheaper, I would not want to buy this just in order to buy another screen in a year or two.
Thanks

AdamKeni

Standard Member
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance for hijacking this post. If I need to make a new one that's no probs, but just didn't want to crowd the forum with threads...

I also recently bought one of these screens from Platinum. I got the 120" motorized glass-bead screen.

Everything works fine in regards to the motor and the screen quality (for the most part).

I seem to have a weird, dark line running across the top of the screen. At first I thought it might be a crease in the screen, but it disappears when I view the screen from anywhere from the side, and it can only be seen when you're projecting onto the screen, i.e; when the projector is off it's near impossible to see any line.. so it doesn't appear to be a crease.

Here's an image of it. It's hard to take a decent quality snap, and I definitely can't get any closer to it with the camera before it becomes too vague.

2ch15hz.jpg

Apologies for the low quality image. Will try and get a better one up later.

So, what do you guys think I should do? Should I contact the seller? (Platinum on Amazon) or is this normal and can be easily fixed at home?

I'm hoping it's the latter, because I've purposely built the frame around the screen to house it, and so I'd need to semi deconstruct it to get the screen back out. :(

Thanks in advance!

Jayc1976

Hi I have the 120" screen and I have a dark smudge on my screen not sure how it got there was wondering if anyone has any tips on cleaning it? Also can someone explain where the auto stop screws are located as I can't seem to find them in my screen thanks

AdamKeni

Standard Member
Hi I have the 120" screen and I have a dark smudge on my screen not sure how it got there was wondering if anyone has any tips on cleaning it? Also can someone explain where the auto stop screws are located as I can't seem to find them in my screen thanks

Jason, was the smudge there when you bought it? Also does it disappear when you view it at an angle?

Jayc1976

No wasn't their when I bought it I'm blaming the kids at the moment lol. It's visible at all angles only really noticeable when watching football

AdamKeni

Standard Member
Thanks...

Looks like I might need to send mine back. Ugh, hassle of returning a 10 foot screen via international courier. :(

fezster

My screen has started to make a clicking noise (metallic sound every 2 seconds) when being operated. Anyone else have this, or know what it might be ? I really dont want to have to send it back, but it does have a years warranty so have contacted the seller.

heleje

Novice Member
I have some issue with the screen - I just got it and the screen won't stay there it just keeps coming down and the electric system don't work- It just keeps some noise but it does not raise the screen back up?

I guess, I need to return it... :(

Faffer

I have a clicking noise .. when its moving .. for the price I will cope unless it gets bad ...

My 1st screen was damaged and he did sort it out .. given a bit of time but he did sort it out in the end.

Richard

Jayc1976

I had a problem with my first screen. I contacted the seller and they arranged a courier to deliver a new screen to me then a courier to pick up the old screen the next day as I had thrown away the original packaging which I thought was good of them to do so

evergladejack

i was thinking of buying the 110" 16.9 grey screen but the dimentions dont add up. the case lenghis 107 inches or 231cm.not when i went to school..emailed for clarification,they replied the diagonal of the 110" screen is 280", i give up..:thumbsdow:lesson::lease:

rhubarb4

i was thinking of buying the 110" 16.9 grey screen but the dimentions dont add up. the case lenghis 107 inches or 231cm.not when i went to school..emailed for clarification,they replied the diagonal of the 110" screen is 280", i give up..:thumbsdow:lesson::lease:

255cm is 107" mate

Chris.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers