Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Plastic wrapping sticking to edge of DVD case!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lex, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Is anyone else finding this? It seems to be DVDSoon dics in particular... The plastic/film wrapping that they use to seal up the DVDs is sticking to the side of the case making it impossible to get off.

This is happening on pretty much every disc I get now! Not the end of the world I know, but very irritating! :mad:

2. Will K

Will K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've found that on a few, it gets on my t*ts.

3. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +762
    I usually manage to get this off using the sticky side of the security labels that are on some dvds.

4. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I haven't had any trouble with the plastic wrapping - it's those bloody stick on seals round the edges I hate! Why do they always come off in little bits?! And just when you've got what you thought was the last one off, you find another!!

Oh, and the other thing is the bit of paper they stick to the outside of box sets, which is meant to come off, but ruins the box in the process. Grrrr!!

5. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    wait till u get the new cases! they have red security stickers and u have to unclip 2 clips on the side of the case to open it! and there is no visible security tag (could be built into the casing?) so it sets off all the alarms in the shops over here (try explaining to wh smiths that its not there disc and that its not even on the cinemas yet!)

6. mw3cdj

mw3cdj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Glad to se i's not just me, what a pain in the a*s to get off.
    :suicide:

Daran

7. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I had exactly that problem - I had just collected a dvd from the post office (had to pay a customs charge!) and then went into HMV - as I came out the security alarm went off - the security guard asked me to open my bag which I did showing him the parcel... he then asked me to unwrap the Parcel!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him he was an idiot - he then called for his manager on the radio - the manager came over and agreed with me that the security guard was an idiot and apologised! :rolleyes:

It is frustrating that DVDs we buy on the internet have the same security systems as in-store items. :thumbsdow

8. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Hehe. :D

Anyway, the plastic stickers. Pain in the arse. Always stupidly dig my nails in a end up scratching the case. :thumbsdow

9. niwi

niwi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, a minor annoyance, but preferrable to having some moron get their prints all over the disc as they put it in the case - because it's been removed it for display purposes.
    . . . or "markdown" or "special offer" stickers that either tear or leave goo when removed . . .
    Most annoying are broken cases - especially those clip-together cardboard ones, where the hell can you get replacement plastic bits for those????

It's the thieving b*ggers that necessitate the security measures that I curse. Unfortunately they're increasingly ineffective, as organised gangs of "hoody-clad youths" just grab an armful of discs and run, while their mates obstruct anyone trying to give chase . . . what a screwed-up world this can be.

Grumpy Old Man :)

10. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That's a bit of a stereo-type isn't it?! There are plenty of older people who go shoplifting! :p

And yes the security stickers are completely inaffective as professional thieves just carry a small craft knife which can be used to quickly slide through the stickers :rolleyes:

11. niwi

niwi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just speaking from experience, Lex

and yes, there are plenty of "older people" who steal from stores . . . the majority of them women

Stereotypes tend to be founded in actuality

12. daveyboy

daveyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funnily enough......i was in M & S yesterday on my lunch and spotted a pensioner (late 60's, early 70's)...stuffing as many tins of tuna he could into his paisley holdall..that was definitely not a fancy new M & S carrier!!
    I suppose he could have been using it as a basket......i don't think...but i didn't do anything about it as i suppose i was in shock as this is something u don't see often.
    I also have a friend who works in ASDA and they have loads of trouble with the old classic of "older" people walking out with the stock still in their hands (no attempt to hide it)...with their excuse being they had "forgotten" to pay or didn't realise they still had hold of the item!!
    I'm not saying all old people do this but i'm just sticking up for the youth!!