plasterboard tv wall mount

Silverscreen

Standard Member
I am currently looking at putting the wall mount below onto a plasterboard which is roughly 1inch deep and a gap behind (screws won't be long enough to touch the brick wall behind). I have only a 24in TV which weighs about 3.4kgs and the bracket is about 1.1kg. is it safe to mount it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swivel-Til...=1477429157&sr=8-3&keywords=24in+wall+bracket

I can't find the stud wall without breaking the plasterboard up but the screws are pretty long which I am hoping may help with the load.
We previously had a mirror there which was heavier (not sure exact weight) hung on 1 medium sized screw (which was quite short).

Plasma Dan

Either locate a stud (use a cheap stud detector or do it by trial & error), or if there is a brick wall behind it use some long masonry anchor bolts.

Plasterboard anchors are ok for things like mirrors / pictures because all the weight is transferred downwards, but TVs tend to want to pull away from the wall, so they need to be more secure.

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom