1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nidgew, Feb 28, 2003.

1. nidgew

nidgew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi to everyone
    i am in the market for a plasma screen for home use and have only 3000 to spend
    the girlfriend dosnt want me to waste hard earned money on a tv but have managed to convinse her that it will be worthwhile the only problen is where to buy from
    i have looked on hundreds of web sites and seen a few but i thought i would ask the professionals for help. can anyone out there recomend a company that is reliable and fairly competitive
    ie tried and tested
    i live in west yorkshire and it would be nice to visit the store but not too bothered about bying over the telephone or web as long as i know they will deliver what is expected
    thanks hole heartedly nidge :clap:

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a few of us have bought from www.nexnix.co.uk and they have a showroom have a look on there site for address, i give them top marks for price and service.
    and there is joe fernand(bet i spelt that wrong) he on the site often i think he is based in scotland, not the cheapest but a great bloke who has a lot of time for newbies the media factory www.tmfsolutions.co.uk

use any of these with confidance

3. nidgew

nidgew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks will check those out cheers:clap:

4. vinitha

vinitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, if you are in yorkshire i presume it is in england. i have just bought a NEC 42" plasma,only 6 months old from ebay auction.ebay.co.uk. i was lucky paid lot less than 3000. the unit is fantastic. there are two typs [1] fan assisted and [2] non fan assisted..fan assisted are are to avoid. fans are to keep the plasma cool. when you visit ebay go to home cenima[i think] then click on tv then click on plasma, the sub manus are on the left side of the secreen. study the anction first before you start bidding. i was luck to find mine and it still smells new.NEC staff also very helpful it you have any technical problems. if you go to NEC.co.uk you should beable to find out more.try to visit homecenima.co.uk to study how the plasma work and what to avoid. it will tell you about how to avoid screens with "dead pixels" i studied the subject a lot before i purchased. when you are ready to buy if you need any help pl do not hesitate to drop a line. there are also two type of plasmas [1]domestic and public use the only difference is the screen as it is more hardier than domestic. the latter is much better.
    good luck