1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasmas & prog scan dvd's

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by HomeyJay, Nov 26, 2002.

1. HomeyJay

HomeyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Can anyone tell me if there is any point in buying a ps dvd if you have a plasma screen ? I borrowed one from a friend and i just couldn't tell any differences at all using US movies. Is it just me or are we all being hoodwinked ?!!:eek:

2. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi ravi,

There is no clear cut answer to your question!

It all boils down to the quality of the circuitry performing the Progressive scanning. You may or may not have a superior unit in your Plasma than is contained in any given DVD player.

By and large, the general feeling is that the earlier in the chain that the modification of the interlaced signal takes place, the better. This, and the fact that some high end DVD players have quite expensive & sophisticated progressive scan circuitry tends to indicate that there is usualy an advantage to be had by using a progressive scan DVD player.

At the end of the day it's down to you and your eyes! If you see a benefit then it's worth it to you, if you can't then it isn't!.....simple really! ;)

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.