Plasmas flooding their own remote sensors

Nick_UK

Ex Member
Reaction score
I was playing around with the brightness settings on my Hitachi 5300, and found that at very high brightness settings, the remote reception started going haywire ! When I pressed a button on the remote, the command could go on for an indefinite period. Obviously caused by the remote sensor picking up IR from the screen, and no problem at normal brightness settings. Has anyone else seen this ? (Not just on Hitachi's)

I must say nick i havent noticed it with the screens own remote but ive had mega trouble with other remote controlled devices !!
I was going to keep some of my B&O stuff in the same room as my new plasma but the stuff just wouldnt work remotely especialy the B&O light dimming boxes ive had to replace them with other make dimmers.
Ive also had to remove the B&O cd player to another room because it just wouldnt work in the same room as the plasma with all the hassle that entails when all the stuff is hard wire linked.
The screens a samsung and the amount of radiation it puts out must be mega.

Lifes just a bloody nightmare LOL
Cheers
kevin

Cool (NOT). I have some B&O stuff in my bedroom. Have to move it my living to see if it still works with my Pio plasma. Just got to know. :hiya:

kevH said:
I must say nick i havent noticed it with the screens own remote but ive had mega trouble with other remote controlled devices !!
I was going to keep some of my B&O stuff in the same room as my new plasma but the stuff just wouldnt work remotely especialy the B&O light dimming boxes ive had to replace them with other make dimmers.
Ive also had to remove the B&O cd player to another room because it just wouldnt work in the same room as the plasma with all the hassle that entails when all the stuff is hard wire linked.
The screens a samsung and the amount of radiation it puts out must be mega.

Lifes just a bloody nightmare LOL
Cheers
kevin
Serve you right for buy a samsung plasma

Only joking..............
:hiya: :hiya: :hiya:
never had an issue with a B&O plasma and B&O kit tho....................

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom