1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bubbauk, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I currently have a Panasonic 28" wide flat screen CRT TV and it "does the job" but its just a bit small and sitting beside my speakers it makes it look even smaller, i only have a small room (average bedroom size) but would still like to upgrade more than 28", 42" is probably too big but when spending that amount of money i might aswell go all out for that, and i should probably go for HDTV aswell for future proof. I have a few questions first though before i start trying to get the money for it (Wont be for a few months anyway).

First off, what are the major downsides to plasma, do they have bad viewing angels since it will be viewed from several different angels, but not too much to the side or anything like that.

I would like to get one with component input then use component video switching on my amp to handle my DVD player and Xbox/Xbox360 (when it comes out), then i will run a DVI connector from my PC so i can play games on it while lieing in bed, then use a RGB Scart for my NTL digital, would this be the optimal way to connect everything?

ANother question about the DVI output from my PC, will the plasma be useable as a minitor, by this i mean will it be all blury like it is from a S-Video output from my pc to my CRT monitor, or will it be as clear as my TFT monitor?

And finally, What plasma should i get, i would be willing to spend up to £1000 but thats only if it gets me a good quality one, im not gonna go for a budget £1000 one, plus i also need a wall bracket for it, or can i just mount it directly to the wall *Wallas are concrete.

I hope you can help me out with these questions and soon i hope i will be enjoying xbox 360 on a 42" palsma screen.

THanks

2. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Im afraid for £1000, thats all you will get, a budget set, and one that is nowhere near HD ready.