Plasma with USB port that can play .avi...

pixelated

Chaps

Question for a chum of mine - do any plasmas that you know of play .avi directly from USB? Alternatively, do Panasonic's SD card slots allow playback of .avi files?

Finally, does the X10 had SD?

Stuart

duncfunk

Yes the X10 has SD but it's just for viewing pictures. The PQ6000 has divx playback via usb.

pyjoe

Standard Member
The LG PQ6000 can play the following files through the side USB but will not upscale to HD. MOVIE(*.avi/*.Divx) supporting file Video format : DivX3.xx, DivX4.xx, DivX5.xx , XVID1.1.1, XVID1.1.2, XVID1.1.3 , 3IV1, 3IV2, FVFW, DMK2, RMP4, DIV3, DIV4, DIV5, DIV6, MP43, COL1, AP41, nAVI, DX50.

The Samsung 650B's have two side USB's that seem to play just about everything as well as upscaling to 1080p.

pixelated

Talked yourself out of the Kuro then?

Nope, the Kuro is on its way :thumbsup: The USB question was for a friend of mine. Kuro for the living room for at least a year, the PX600 to the bedroom and then when the Panasonic Z2 is released about a year from now, we'll re-assess ;)

How's it going lad?

E9 Smooth

What tv's is your friend interested in. Most mid-range 2009 teles can play some kind of avi.

pixelated

What tv's is your friend interested in. Most mid-range 2009 teles can play some kind of avi.

He originally ordered some 42" Technika thing :eek: He's cancelled it in since and has seen a Samsung LCD that will do what he wants but would prefer a plasma. That's pretty much my brief. That USB port with .avi playback seems to be a big factor.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom