• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma with Sky digital

B

bluecode03

I know this will really get on some peoples wit,but,at the cost of £1800+ would a modern day plasma screen e.g. Hitachi 42PD7200 provide an excellent picture on normal sky with gold connections.I hope to go down this road soon but with so many opinions on line all I want is a simple yes or no.:D
P.S I know on HD it will be the joy of a life time but at present I just need to know about SKY.

cyman

Established Member
i have the pd7200 used with sky + and a decent scart.

i have not seen any sets give a better picture with this setup i cant fault it

:thumbsup:

blicky_1

Prominent Member
Mine is a modded V2 Sky+ and a £25 3m THOR scart lead, very impressed with PQ on the 42PD7200.

A

artking

I have Sky with Pioneer 506XDE and QED scart cable connection. Picture is excellent.

jayr6666

Established Member
hello,
if you have an upscaling amp or reciever then use the sky box's s-video out to the amp then either component or hdmi to the panel.i'm using component upscaling as i cant afford the hdmi version.

M

mk85

Upscaling or upconverting..?

If you are using an upconverting Amp

Which one (amp) are you using and how good is the pic?

Also what panel are you using?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom