Plasma with DVI input no HDCP

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Dan Troyner, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Dan Troyner

Dan Troyner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I have a Sampo 42S6 plasma without hdcp. My problem is when I hook up to any of the analog inputs the picture becomes distorted. The only inputs that work are the RGB "computer "input and possibly the DVI input.The picture off of the computer is very good,I can watch tv or dvds through my computer "I have an ATI 9600 video card", but a 42 inch computer moniter is a bit much. My digital cable tv box has a DVI output on it but when I hook it up to my sampo with the DVI input the picture looks great "for about 3 to 4 seconds"then the cable box shuts itself off. I think the ploblem is that the sampo was made without hdcp but the cable box was made with hdcp. I have an Hitachi 42 hdt50 plasma in the living room that uses the DVI output of the cable box with no problems, but its new so it is hdcp. I would like to use the sampo in another room in the house, but cant unless I drag a computer around with it. So does anyone know if,,,, Can HDCP be enabled on my set??,, Or can HDCP be disabled on a cable box??,, I would take it the set in for repair but it seems a shame because I would like to stick with the DVI input of the set anyway, The picture looks so much better , "at least for a couple of seconds". Any ideas?