Plasma vs Rear Projection

Suthrn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im sure you guys may laugh me off of the forum for asking this one but heres my delima.. I currently own a 56 inch rear projection television which is 5 years old. Time for an upgrade for the home theater system. I researched and researched and finally decided that id rather have plasma than LCD for sure as it would suit my needs better. However im also stuck on another situation.. I really like the Viera series of plasma and was considering the 58 inch model but i could easily afford a much larger Samsung such as this one for less money. Such as this one. Samsung HL67A750 Projection TV reviews - CNET Reviews
My question is this... What do you guys think the main differences in picture quality are aside from viewing angle gripes with rear projections? Im really not much interested in wall mounting a tv anyways so why would i spend the extra cash on plasma if that and viewing angle werent an issue for me? Any advise or pros and cons would be appreciated. Tks in advance.

I went from a 50" Samsung Sp50L7HX DLP Rear Pro TV to a 46" Panasonic PZ80B Plasma, and i can easily say the Panasonic is FAR superior in every way.

Its a HUGE leap in picture quality.

Plasma, i believe is the way to go for TV's these days (well until OLED makes an appearance)

tks beardtm.. Was kind of curious as to the picture quality differences... Curiosity sake how old was your previous rp? Looks or at least from reviews it sounds like the newest one from Samsung has made quite a few improvements in that area and as well it supposably had done away with the bulbs replacing them with longer lasting led's.

i think its from 2005.

plasma has a really natural picture, close to crt, but much sharper.

image quality is more important than size, so i would suggest getting the plasma.

Again anyone who ask's a question of plasma vs any other format should only get one answer:lesson:, plasma all the way:smashin:.

If any one says LCD they clearly have never actualy seen sets side by side and compared the screens on different feeds:suicide:.

Go plasma pal, and as already pointed out, picture quality and performance should always win over size:clap:, for me with tv's its the bigger the better:hiya:, but never compramise on quality for size, you might as well just throw your money away or give it me:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom