1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma vs LCD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by watford100, Dec 3, 2004.

1. watford100

watford100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anyone help.
    I want to buy either a 37" LCD or a 43" Plasma.
    I'm keen on the Sharp LCD LC37GD1EA or the Pioneer Plasma PDP-434HDE
    Both are about the same price.
    I have a very good surround sound cinema system including a Denon amp and progressive scan DVD.
    However I will want to watch normal television as well from a sky sattelite box.
    Please can you recommend the best choice.
    Thanks!

2. zoom

zoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They both have pros and cons so unfortunately it is not straightforward. Untilmately, wehn you look at the picture what do your eyes prefer (forget reviews and others opinions).
    I chose plasma as my eyes found lcd showing regular tv (rather than dvds) to be smeary with broken pixels on fast moving elements e.g. close ups of lips moving. The lcds have got better, but for me it still bugged me - other people don't notice it at all. I believe it is to do with the processing and refresh rate of lcd, which is not an issue with plasma. Although plasma has other issues (possible solarisation on some). Hope that helps a bit, it is a confusing realm when buying this stuff, not least because it is a lot of money and you want to get it right first time!

3. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever ZOOM is saying. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: