Installed Panasonic 103" in 2019 as my main TV, with bias light at the back. A bit of an old tech, but I love the size and visual impact that no 4K TV can replicate even in 2020. Awaiting to play PS5 on this plasma, hope HDMI compatibility is not an issue.

04EEB5A8-3A37-43D8-B819-B0D95FECAF71.jpeg

9F6B5385-4879-45FE-8989-0E8859E55E8A.jpeg

I wonder if he meant 108cm - 43"??

100" Panasonic plasmas certainly exist. We used to hire them for events. They arrived in a special flight case - in a special trailer, along with an electric stand to erect them. I can't tell you how glad we were when lcd tvs were available. The 90" Sharp Aqos was a 2 person lift onto a windup stand and gave a brighter image as well.

They were 103 inches
never heard of a 108 inch plasma .

i notice one up for sale Panasonic/??? 104 inches 2011 model £2500 with motorised stand mates dad also has a similar one too

103 inch
there is one local to me but a little dear .

Installed Panasonic 103" in 2019 as my main TV, with bias light at the back. A bit of an old tech, but I love the size and visual impact that no 4K TV can replicate even in 2020. Awaiting to play PS5 on this plasma, hope HDMI compatibility is not an issue.

View attachment 1386484

View attachment 1386485

you have a big house mate if you've managed to make that 103'' plasma look small.. that bunny must be huge. :D

i notice one up for sale Panasonic/??? 104 inches 2011 model £2500 with motorised stand mates dad also has a similar one too

Did these bigger ones have the PQ of the ZT, ST series or were they 'commercially built' aka size over PQ?

103 inch
there is one local to me but a little dear .
The visual impact from a 103“ Plasma is far better than any smaller OLED TV in my view. I enjoy playing PS5 with it. PS5 looks small in comparison.

1610409790786.jpeg

Did these bigger ones have the PQ of the ZT, ST series or were they 'commercially built' aka size over PQ?
ISF calibration is supported on 103” plasma. I had it done after installation to get the best out from it. Overall, I am happy with the PQ when comparing with my KRP-600A.

ISF calibration is supported on 103” plasma. I had it done after installation to get the best out from it. Overall, I am happy with the PQ when comparing with my KRP-600A.
3d too?

The visual impact from a 103“ Plasma is far better than any smaller OLED TV in my view. I enjoy playing PS5 with it. PS5 looks small in comparison.

View attachment 1439633

I have many PF series and i find they have a clearer image less grain / noise so to speak compared to my Pioneer 500M .

The PF 65 inch i have just like yours weighs a ton so 103 inch is a beast but i know the image will be spectacular fed a high bit rate 1080p feed .

I have many PF series and i find they have a clearer image less grain / noise so to speak compared to my Pioneer 500M .

The PF 65 inch i have just like yours weighs a ton so 103 inch is a beast but i know the image will be spectacular fed a high bit rate 1080p feed .
I just hope these ancient plasma TVs can last for another 10 years until larger 100”+ OLED becomes available and affordable.

I just hope these ancient plasma TVs can last for another 10 years until larger 100”+ OLED becomes available and affordable.

well im on my 12 th year ownership but id imagine prob Micro Led be the go to device by then If it all goes well for that tech .

How much does a 103 inch plasma weight? I've got a 60 inch FD141 and it was everything my buddy and I could do to get it onto the shelf on which it sits. With the stand, we were each lifting well over 100 pounds and we had to get it above our shoulders. Not honestly sure how we did it.

How much does a 103 inch plasma weight? I've got a 60 inch FD141 and it was everything my buddy and I could do to get it onto the shelf on which it sits. With the stand, we were each lifting well over 100 pounds and we had to get it above our shoulders. Not honestly sure how we did it.

103" plasma with wall bracket weight is about 250KG. Can be installed by 2 person but definitely need a hydraulic lifting machine and a solid wall.

1611501130722.png

Insane :eek:

That's like 550 pounds. Yes, totally insane!
I know...., after initial installation, I was so worried that it could fall down and kill my family for the sake of watching telly..., I am definitely not strong enough to lift up 250kg 😅

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom