1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma virgin, please be gentle!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Chris_B, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Chris_B

Chris_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I would appreciate some advice for a novice regarding buying a plasma screen. Can you guys recommend a reasonably priced 42"" screen that is going to be used in an office. The screen will be showing Bloomberg TV via Sky all day long (enough to send you mad believe me). No doubt it will go the way of our current LCD screen which has got "Bloomberg" forever burned into it after two years on the same channel. I don't need anything too clever, just one that will be reliable.

Many thanks,

Chris

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    the panasonics are very burn resistant but you would still need to be careful at first as bloomberg has lots of fixed images and its in the early days that the screens are more susceptible to burn and image retention.....

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    For a basic price the PW7 must be the way to go. Do you want sound as well, and is the set top box providing the signal near the proposed screen? Or is it a dodgy aerial feed from the MD's office on the top floor? Mep is right on the screen burn, it's the toughest screen on the market. However I reckon 60 hours per week on 1 channel will leave it's mark after 2 years, it will be trashed. But hey, at £1400 or so inc vat, I doubt if that matters. The screen has an on board amp, you can use the matching side speakers at a hideous price, or go for some much better sounding in ceiling speakers, still powered by the screen's own amp, unless you need your socks blown off. Don't forget to allow for brackets, video adapters and cabling, and very likely fitting in the cost.