1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma V Projection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Blue.Rocket, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Blue.Rocket

Blue.Rocket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi All;
    I have still not made my mind up which way i am going, after thinking that Plasma is the right way to go, and after using a Sony Projection for the last 6 yrs with out any fault, my thoughts go towards some of the new HD ready projection screens on offer, such as in comets, some of these screens have a far more surperior picture i feel, so perhaps it may well be projection once more.

like to hear any ones views, before i make the final plunge..;.

2. Blue.Rocket

Blue.Rocket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    This is the forth and last time I have placed some input to this forum, and as yet to have a reply.
    I am using a different language...............

3. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +730
    Ok, no need to take these things personally.
    I was looking at a prejection tv last weekend and was stunned by how good the picture quality was and yea it was better than on my panny 42" plasma. I would still rather go with the plasma though as the projection tv's are just plain and simple too big. It is like having an elephant sitting in the corner of your living room. Get a plasma, mount it on the wall and you will be surprised at how much space it frees up.

4. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Not even that I still think the projection models I've seen although very good still suffer from off axis viewing problems

5. jbtco

jbtco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Panny 37"pv500 which is for general tv and so far is fantastic. I have had a Sim2 projector which I use for films for a few years. So I suppose that is the best of both worlds. I don't think you get the full cinema experience on a tv even a very large plasma but I don't like watching in the dark all the time I also find that the Sim2 (at least the one I have) is not great for football.

6. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard that projection TVs have a lot of problems with 'rainbows' and varying levels of brightness across the screen in comparison to plasmas. Never really seen it myself though

7. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    for me size would be the big problem. I was a big TV that takes up less space i.e. plasma or lcd not something thats gonna take up even more space.

8. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's true actually, The thing I love about Plasma's & LCDs is that they take up no depth in the room you put them in. You try getting a 46 inch projection TV up the stairs...

9. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    calm down dear, it's only an internet forum!!!! (which was down most of yesterday which was why no-one saw your post in order to reply)

I reckon I still prefer plasma, purely because of the viewing angle issues with RPTV. I was with a client last weekend (65" ThemeScene RPTV) and was obsessing over how great the picture was until I started moving around the room where seating down one side had to suffer a grayed-out version of the image. In the sweetspot the image is fantastic, and at the price you get a lot more in size and resolution than you do from plasma. But it's a big box, and with certain seating layouts some will suffer.

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Shirley has put his finger on the main point there. Piccy excellent unless off axis, plasma is the same from wherever, and can be made as good as RPTV by a skilled operator.... even one with a girls name. So it's simple really, size of box, off axis performance, set against the extra cost of a plasma done well.

11. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    :rotfl: :rotfl: