• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma v LCD

S

swilt1

Hi all,
Well I must confese straight away to knowing very little about LCD or Plasma except when I look in the shops and think I must have one of these instead of my crappy CRT, but the pictures always look terrible I guess that more to do with the Feeds that dixons etc use.

Anyway can someobdy sum up for me the Pro's/Cons of owning either a LCD or a Plasma. I am looking at the most at around £1500.

The main things that will be watched on them will be normal channels ie BBC1 ITV as well as Sky Sports in particular football.

Thanks in advance :lease:

johndon

If you do a search on the forums for 'Plasma V LCD' you'll find a load of threads dealing with this very issue.

Both technologies have their fans on here...

John

The Gooner

I think the first question is what size screen do you want.
If you want no bigger than 30" then the choice has been made. 42" and above and again the choice has been made for you.

Then I suppose decide on wether that type of screen is really for you before spending the money.
I looked at both before deciding on plasma and dont regret my decision.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom