1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Tvs and magnetic shielding on speakers

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gadgetman, Jun 12, 2004.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Okay just visited a Panasonic shop today to see the PE30. Was showing Bugs life from a basic dvd player with excellent picture quality. Quite helpfull staff but few points needed to clarify. I know it has its own speakers for ease but I have a full set of tannoys which I use except they are not magnetically shielded. I have to move the speakers further away with my Wega tv at the moment to stop them from causing problems with the screen.Not knowing too much about the plasma make up will I have this problem if placed too close to the screen?

My wife wanted me to swap with a set of Kef eggs which they had downstairs and as much as I wanted I was not that impressed. They did not seem to have the low down rumble even with the sub on. Maybe I have my sub turned up too much but I dont know how to describe it but the Kefs sounded more tinny in comparison to mine which are floorstanders. Now mine only cost about £500 so they are not that expensive plus the sub which was about £350 am I expecting too much from the Kefs.

2. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Plasma and LCD's are not affected by speaker magnetism, only CRT TVs.

3. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well thats excellent news. The bloke at the shop didnt know and I wasnt sure. At least I havent got to change the speakers for that. Just convince the wife that the quality is not as good and looks dont matter.
    Which may be more difficult I think