1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma TV

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by smithid, Jul 26, 2005.

1. smithid

smithid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a 37'' Panasonic Plasma TV and after it was delivered I noticed a 3'' scratch on the lower right hand portion of the screen. The scratch doesn't appear to be very deep and is not visible when the TV is on. I called the company I purchased the TV from and they offered me $600 to keep the TV as is. Is this scratch going to cause problems over time? It currently is not noticeable when the TV is on. Should I be concerned about any long-term effects of this scratch? Is it worth giving away $600 price decrease to get a new item delivered?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I doubt the scratch would cause future problems. If it's worth keeping (and getting a discount) is something you need to decide for yourself though.

3. Kaminsky

Kaminsky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The scratch shouldn't be too much of a problem but you never know, I'd be worried about long term corrosion ie. rust. Also be careful, sounds like the retailer is trying to pull a fast one...I would ask for any refund to be given in sterling.

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    even if smithid is in the States? :)....and I don't think glass rusts.......personally I'd take the cash if it wasn't bugging me whilst viewing

5. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +701
    I'd have to disagree with you mep.It's been scientifically proven that glass does actually rust in certain American States !!

Smithid. I'd say $600 is a great refund as long as it definately can't be seen when the plasma is turned on.