1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma tv

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pat, Aug 11, 2001.

1. pat

pat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i am about to jump into plasma so to speak dont know which one yet the prices veary by hundreds of squids<br />anyhow i am thinking of hanging it on the wall<br />so how do i hide 3 scart leads etc<br />&what about the centre speaker<br />any advice welcome<br />thanks pat

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a stud wall then it is fairly simple to cut a channel and hide the cable inside the wall. If the wall is brick or breeze block you could still cut a channel insert the cables and then fill in with plaster. What is on the other side of the wall? You may be able to drill a hole through the wall and run the cables in conduit down the other side then back in either at skirt level or through and under the floorboards to emerge wherever your amp is. Finally there is white square conduit that you could surface mount beneath the screen and it will look reasonable. All of these methods will require a minimal amount of redecoration, depending on how good you are at decorating!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Why do you need to run 3 scart leads to your plasma?

I have a 42" panasonic on the wall,and only run a single cable for input to the screen.... all source switching is done on my AV components.

As the previous poster said.. chase in the way is best place to hide.. i have 2 cables, one for power, one for video....

cheers<br />Kev