Plasma TV + Speaker + AV = any good part 2?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by FiReDuCk, Jan 4, 2007.

1. FiReDuCk

FiReDuCk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I've been few hi-fi store near my area and i came up with the following hardware:

Pioneer - PDP-427XD
    Denon - AVR-1907
    Kef - KHT2005.2

So please tell me what do u think of above hardware? are they great for movie, music and video gaming?

Do u think the sound quality would be great with KHT2005.2 and AVR-1907?

Thank for your time!

Best Regards
    FiReDuCk

2. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Any reason why you did not go for a pioneer AV receiver to match the plasma ?????

As i am myself looking at getting a pioneer AV receiver and the kef 3005 eggs..

3. FiReDuCk

FiReDuCk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi chaparral,

Thanks for quick reply, actually i'm putting Denon AV inside of the sideboard cupboard (bedroom!) - Denon is cheaper then Pioneer - and i'm told they work well with KHT2005.2

I've seen today KHT3005.2 but they are more expensive and not much sound quality different between KHT2005.2 :rolleyes: ?

which pioneer AV receiver model are u going to get?

4. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    I want the pioneer AV receiver because i can point the remote control at the pioneer plasma and it will control a pioneer AV receiver by the SR+ output..(as where my AV receiver is being placed..there no line of sight for the remote control to work)...I have my pioneer DVD player using the SR+ out as well..

Am not sure which model yet..(waiting to see how much cash i got spare or not spare..).but it will be a vsx-1016 or higher model..(As i need at lest 3 or more optical inputs)

Am going for the 3005 kef eggs because the centre speaker is much better...This is the most important speaker out of a 5.1 setup as about 70% of what you hear will be from it...
    And i had a few cheaper 5.1 all in one systems before,,and the centre speaker has always been the weak link in them...

5. wunduk

wunduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if all these companies agreed on a standard communication protocol so that the consumer was free to mix and match what suited us, rather than be crippled by this silly vendor lock-in? :( Thank goodness for universal remote controls!