1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma TV Interference

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TJnorway, Feb 17, 2004.

1. TJnorway

TJnorway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Philips 37PF9965 Plasma TV and have it connected to my Pioneer VSX-D711-S AV/Receiver, I am getting annoying diagonal wavey lines across the screen when trying to watch SKY or DVD on it, the colour and picture flickers at varying times. I am assuming is a problem with the connection between the AV/Receiver and the Plasma receiver box? It is connected using RCA from the AV to an RCA 2 Scart plug on the back of the Plasma receiver/e-box, and the plasma display is connected to its receiver by VGA. I have noticed on some forums that some people use an RGB to VGA adapter, will this stop the interference I am experiencing. I would be grateful for any information/advice that will improve my viewing pleasure.
    cheers:confused:

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The problem with such devices as the RGB to Plasma VGA is that the Philips doesn't like them! So that route is closed to you.

I think you'd be better to reconsider the connection scheme that you're using. Both Sky and your DVD should be able to output RGB, and this is much better than using a SCART to RCA plug! It does mean not using the A/V receiver for video routing, but the Philips should at least have one RGB SCART input and that's the input you really should be using.

If you only have one RGB SCART input, and you've got two source the solution is the Master SCART Controller - an automatic SCART switcher. See the www button below!

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. TJnorway

TJnorway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks symanski for info,
    I will go out tomorrow and buy some good quality RGB cables for my sky and DVD, anything in particular I should be looking for? i.e. gold plated etc...?
    I have got 4 RGB inputs on Rxer/e-box so that shouldn't be a problem. Lets see how I get on!
    Cheers again
    :smashin:

4. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    if its RGB only you're after then the QED Sqart 4110 is awesome

5. TJnorway

TJnorway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got that cheers,
    Will have a look, am a bit restricted to what is available in Norway so will probably have to see whats available for short term and order something from UK.
    Will have a look

6. TJnorway

TJnorway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got 2 Monster2 scart cables today with 24k gold plating. They're just the job. Sky and DVD are perfect now, still got surround sound on DVD just got to work on Sky.
    Cheers for all help