1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma tv delay vs soundfield (newbie)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by clavellan, Oct 11, 2003.

1. clavellan

clavellan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a panasonic TH37PW5 monitor. I am presently seeing a delay on the monitor vs the soundfield (most noticeable with speech and, oddly, golf etc). this is present whether I am playing back a dvd, terrestrial tv or sky. Similarly it is present with the DVD through component video. I reckon the delay is about 0.1-0.2 seconds, which doesnt sound like much but it is highly irritating

I have tried both my amplifiers ~(Bose Lifestyle 12 and Sony DAVS 550 cheapo one box unit). still there.

The TV signals come through an oldish VCR into the AV inputs on the amps in both cases.

Anybody seen similar problems and resolved them?

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It is the video processing of your screen.

You need a master audio delay. This can be achieved in several ways.

You can delay analog stereo by passing the signal thru a simple audio delay device (just do a search on behringer here to see a few). These are around the £100 mark but won't be any good for Dolby or DTS digital streams to your amp.

You can buy a new amp. Typically higher end amp/receiver/processors have audio delay. Cheapest like the Denon 3803 about £600

OR if you don't want to change the amp you can get a dedicated digital audio delay like the Vigatec wave for about £699+VAT

You need a delay of about 60ms in my experience & yes it is annoying & there was no way I could put up with so had to spend more after buying my screen etc. What was another 1K after everything else :suicide:

3. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any software about that would add the delay on a HCPC? I have an Audigy2 card and will drive my plasma through the HCPC with DScaler