Plasma TV - Bring From UK to USA?

avhappy

Standard Member
Looking for advice on bringing a 42" plasma flat screen tv to the USA from the UK. Does anyone know if it's easy enough to just hook up in the USA? If too much of a hassle, we may sell it, but reluctantly, as it's got a FANTASTIC picture.

What do I need to look for to see if it's compatible with components (surround sound speakers, etc.) and systems (satellite/cable tv) in the U.S.?

Will I need a step-down converter?

Cheers.

badbob

Banned
Difference in power supply (will need a high current step up transformer) 110v to 240v. Tuners wont work and of course insane shipping price.

Just sell yours and buy a new one in the US, you'll probably get a 70" Pioneer Kuro 1080p for the same price as a UK 17" Samsung LCD. :mad:

Ethos123

There a few that will work as-is. A colleague of mine has an LG that is multi-voltage. The tuner problem (if there is one) is easy enough - with an external box/ decoder that you might anyway need for cable

vipergrm

What kind of TV is it? Selling it and getting a new one in the US is probably the best option as you will get far more for your money over there. ;)

avhappy

Standard Member
What kind of TV is it? Selling it and getting a new one in the US is probably the best option as you will get far more for your money over there. ;)

It's a Philips 42 PF7320/98. I don't know enough about it to figure out what it will entail; do have the manual though little time to read it.

Anyone know where I can find what it's worth for resale?

Thanks for all of the advice thus far guys. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom