1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Transportation

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pressing, Dec 23, 2004.

1. pressing

pressing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Panasonic Viera TH-42PE30B and collected it myself. Two of the guys from the shop loaded it into my estate car while I paid, on it's back.

I questioned them and they said it would be fine. Plasma is working just fine, after talking to a couple of friends I'm concerned it may be damaged.

Any thoughts on how to check? Will a fault occur later on?

Thanks

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It would either be broken or not, it's fine if it had any glass in it still. The glass is pretty thin and not that strong, it could flex and touch an internal component. That would break it instantly.

3. pressing

pressing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, looks like it will be fine then. Phew!

4. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Reminds me of a short while ago when I had a screen delivered to my home while I was in work. I got home and they'd stored it against the wall sideways in "portrait" form rather than "landscape" format.

Don't know if that was the reason but turned out the set was faulty and had to be returned. When they came to pick it up for return, they piled it into the van on top of a lot of other parcels: some of which were clearly marked "fragile".

When my replacement arrived, I went out to the van to bring it in. Whilst I brought in the boxes for speakers etc the driver took out the replacement and guess what.....yep, he stored it sideways on the pavement while he locked the van.

Luckily, it appears to be ok but I really think these delivery firms have a lot to answer for.