1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma to PC

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by General Panic, Jan 27, 2003.

1. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Help please.
    Just got delivery of my LG MZ42pz14 yesterday and is it just me or does it seem to have grown about 2 feet since i saw it in the showroom. My room seems to have shrunk enormousley.
    Anyway my question. I got the thing connected with very little difficulty to Sky,video,DVD and X-box with great picture and no lip-synch problems i heard i might have. The only coonection i cannot get to work is with the supplied VGA cable to PC. I've set the desktop resolution down to 640*480 on my PC , plugged the VGA into both LG tuner box and then the screen directly with "No RGB signal" message appearing. My PC runs of an LG flat panel screen useing the DVI input which leaves the VGA output on the video card free. I tried having both cables in to-gether then disconnected the DVI cable and just had VGA to Plasma but still no signal received. The manuel seems to suggest this connection should be straight forward and i seem to be doing something wrong.
    Any one got any suggestions?
    Thanks to the group for all the advice before purchasing as well.

2. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you probably need to go into the properties setting of your video card and make sure it only outputs to the lead going into your plasma.

To this on my video card driver, I right-click on the desktop:
    click properties > settings > advanced > device selection

You may find the "device selection" is labelled something else.

Good luck
    Taimur

3. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for that. It worked a treat. It also works on 1024*768 resolution which looks stunning. I thought i would have to dumb it down to 640*480 but no. Playing DOD on-line on a 42" screen is totally out of this world although i think sitting to close to this monster is going to send me blind soon :eek: