1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma to/for Small Form Factor PC.....HELP!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Degas, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all, first post here after this place being recommended by a friend. I am in a bit of a pickle/total state of being p***ed off. I have built myself a small form factor PC (Shuttle) to use with my Plasma (JVC VM-42D30ES), now this screen has been fantastic, great picture and sound with no dead pixels or screen burn, however the only way I have been able to connect the PC is by a S-Video cable (which gives frankly a crap picture) as the Plasma has no native VGA In. I want to connect via the spare RGB sockets on the TV Tuner box, fine I thought so I blindly ordered an ATI RADEON 9800 PRO HDTV COMPONENT ADAPTER as the graphics card in my SFF PC is a 9800Pro. You can see the spec here:-

http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/

I was assured this would work from the US website I ordered it from, when it arrived it failed to work giving a garbled signal, after digging around on the ATI US website I found in tiny print that the adaptor would not work in Europe, gosh darnit, I said to my wife, those Americans from whom I bought this from must have made a mistake when they told me it would definately work (or words to that effect)

Anyway, I am asking for advise as to a solution, I have a lovely SFF PC, a cracking Plasma and a lovely shiny THOR RGB cable sat here begging to be put together. Failing that can anyone recommend the best Plasma screen around for about £3000-£3500 max (or less) that will accept a VGA or DVI signal from a PC.

If so anyone wanna buy a 10 month old JVC VM-42D30ES 42" Plasma screen, cost £4000 new. ;)

Sorry for the long first post, plase ask any questions if I have missed anything out, thanks in advance guys.

Degas.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.