1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma to AV&DVD setup?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cwpaters, Mar 19, 2005.

1. cwpaters

cwpaters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all,

This forum has been great to find out what equipment i needed and what was good and what was not!!

I have decided on my setup and should be ordering very soon

Plasma: RZ-42PX11 - £1289
    Audio & DVD: DHT-M330DV - £347.56

The Denon system has seperate AV and DVD with the capability of 7.1

Both of these items will be acuired from qed-uk.com with postage of £54.54 or possibly if i get JL in Aberdeen to do a price match i will buy from them.

I also have a Philips SBC VL1200 Wireless TV Link which is not shown in the picture below which will need to be added in my setup somewhere.

The thing is i know RGB components is the best way to attach things together for great picture results but i dont know what to do or what i need??

I have attached a rough sketch below of what is happening oviously the speaker cables will not be run in that angles!!!

Can some one :lease: help me decide on how to link all this up?

[​IMG]

2. cwpaters

cwpaters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought a "What HIFI" mag on saturday and think i have got it sorted??

Plasma to DVD - RGB Component cable
    DVD to AV Reciver - Digital Optical cable

Plasma to Sky+ - High quality scart lead?
    Sky+ to AV Reciver - Digital Optical cable

I thought i could attach the philips wireless in between the plasma and the sky+ so have two high quality scarts? then attach the dvd using a scart also into the second scart connection on the philips wireless?

Is this the correct way to set this up?

3. cwpaters

cwpaters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    is this correct?

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What connections do you have on the TV and wireless box and anything else you are connecting?
    Careful RGB and component are two different formats for sending video. RGB works via scart, Componet uses a similiar format but it allows progressive scan. Hence a Component to RGB convertor is required as in many other threads.

I would say if your TV has component in use this for the best picture for DVD on the M330. With opticial between player and amp. I don't think the amp has component switching.
    I think the amp has two optical ins. If so you can use the other for sound from Sky +. You also want to not only angle the speakers into the room as you have shown but towards the listening position. not the centre of the room. (unlees thats where the seats are)