Plasma to 4K ???

Mutley2110

Novice Member
I'm no tech expert and only rely on reviews and in store advice (which sometimes isn't great!)
I have a Panasonic 42" GT60 plasma - I understand one of the last plasmas that Panasonic made. I bought it 2 years ago and understood plasma was the best picture you can get. I've never been 100% happy with the picture as I still get a bit of what I call 'motion blur' on occasions. The colour is ok as i bought a dvd disc to help calibrate the colour ( all linked to the THX ???).
I have noticed the Panasonic TX-50CX802 (4K ultra HD 3D LED) and read some reviews which praise it highly and it even has an award from Which TV. Every retailer says it is excellent and I am impressed with the picture quality. What I'm trying to find out is if I invest in this new TV will I really notice a difference in picture quality against my plasma? I watch TVs through my sky HD box and have a blue ray player for DVDs. I'm not into all the 'smart tv' that comes with TVs now and I don't subscribe to anything other than sky but I'm aware they may be launching a 4K box soon. I have seen the tv demo'd in store (Richer Sounds) with it going through dvd, sky and basic digital and was impressed but without having my plasma next to it its difficult to compare ! and it always seems the picture is never as good when you get it home.
Alternatively should I look at getting my plasma professionally calibrated and if this would make a difference what cost would I expect?.

Doctor Smith

Oled TV if you can afford it. It really is the future. I was all set on buying a Panasonic 65 cx802. However, that before I demoed the LG 65 inch 950 4k TV. The picture was incredible. Made the other TVS look dull.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom