Plasma test in May 02 issue of WV

M

mambasna

Does anyone have the What Video May 02 issue that did a group test on Plasma screens?.

What Video have not yet released these on line yet, the current online issue is up to the April 02 issue.

I've searched WV web site for a 'pay per view' or 'pay for download of test reprint' or something but was surprised to find no such facility.

I am interested in the Thomson 42wp94.

many thanks

mambasna

I've got one from What HI-FI Sound & Vision. They gave it 3 out of 5. Here are some quotes: -

"Picture performance is OK, with decent colours and detail, but not as impressive as rivals. Black depth isn't convincing, resulting in picture lacking dynamics. You also get a fair degree of video noise"

"Component inputs are on the side of the display, but thats nowhere near as neat as other TV-style rivals. Also, the remote's a pig to use"

"The Thomson's a reasonable but not remarkable plasma"

Look elsewhere I think, hope this helps

Thanks YYZ, seems like the shop was exagerating a bit when they said its won all sorts of awards!

'home cinema choice' lists it as **** but no other info. What Video & TV states that it has noise.

So I think I'll give it a miss !

I would still be interested in the plasma group tests details of the What video & TV issue of May 2002 if anyone has a copy I'll pay for it.

Thanks again !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom