plasma technology and IR - taking the fun away!

discover

Prominent Member
Reaction score
When i first got my 42-V10 i was really careful with the whole "run-in" period. up until 300 hours i kept my contrast/brightness down to about 35% and only used the THX mode and stood well clear of static logo's, gaming and channel logo's etc etc so my tv has been well looked after however, recently i have noticed some IR forming very quickly. Ie: if using the PS3 for bluray... when skipping through the disc, the ffwd logo remains in the bottom left of the screen for a good 10 minutes or so. the IR is forming very quickly.. is this normal? i never used to see IR soo quickly. on my tv i noticed that IR is mainly caused by bright white images on a dark background. i'm kinda getting sick of being paranoid and worrying about the whole IR issue, it's now starting to affect me mentally. it's taking the fun out of what seems to be a very very good tv.
the V10 is one of the most advanced and upto date plasma sets out there, i wonder how IR affects the older samsung and LG plasmas :rolleyes:

on another tangent, i have noticed some mild juddering on slow camera-panning on sky HD. wether it's football or rush HD.. when the camera is panning left or right, the tv displays it horribly wrong, almost as if the cameraman is running whilst filming. would i be right to blame this on sky's poor transmission or do i admit it's the tv at fault here?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom