1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma storage advice please :)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by noyce, Mar 17, 2005.

1. noyce

noyce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, all

If everything goes to plan i'm supposed to be moving home next Thursday. I currently have two plasma screens, a pioneer 43" and a 37" Philips.

As i only have a week until we move i need to start taking thing down ready to pack away. Am i ok to lay the plasma screens horizontally on the floor?

Replies very much welcomed.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    noyce

You can lay a screen flat when moving it around, packing, unpacking etc but don't transport it any distance flat and also having one flat on the ground is an invitation for someone to accidentally step onto it!!!

You need to pack them carefully - I'm assuming you've not retained the cartons; ensure there is no pressure on the glass when you pack them and ensure you have them properly insured before you stick them in a car, van or removal truck.

Best regards

Joe

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You might find an offer of a box if you said whereabouts you were. Doubt if you've got much time to pick one up mind! Try your nearest CEDIA installer if you have the time, they might be grateful for you taking one away.

4. fatherted

fatherted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you not take the screens somewhere for safe storage, friends, family etc and pick them up after the event

5. noyce

noyce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply : )
    I'm not travelling much of a distance but my concern was whether or not it was OK to lay one down horizontally until we take it. I need to take the screens off the wall and as i don't have a stand can't really keep it standing up : (